News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

rom 40036

Started by yoshi.doshi, 22:30, 28 July 09

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshi.doshi

Hiya hopefully someone will save me having to hunt any further!! I am trying to find out more about the cpc rom serial numbered 40036!! I myself do not recognise it and it isn't attached to any cpc machine as is n.o.s

this is all the info i have on the packaging

40036, IC UOD7811G, 0288716/00-010, Z.F.C. (SPECIAL), H/90002852

If you recognise it can  you please let me know which cpc its from  + model release if known!

I only  presume it maybe late on  and released for 6128 (i have never looked into the + side of things so i wouldn't recognise it at all if its meant for one of those).

Gryzor

What's n.o.s.?

yoshi.doshi

Quote from: Gryzor on 00:02, 29 July 09
What's n.o.s.?

Hiya Gryzor. Sorry i should have explained! basically means "new old stock" ie still completely sealed, untouched in original packaging!! "

Its much higher numbered than anything i have in any of my own cpc's. I have a rom upgrade serial numbered 40025 in a 464 v a (socketed pcb) but can find nothing about this particular numbered release!! Just was hoping someone might recognise even what cpc its for??

arnoldemu

Quote from: yoshi.doshi on 22:30, 28 July 09
Hiya hopefully someone will save me having to hunt any further!! I am trying to find out more about the cpc rom serial numbered 40036!! I myself do not recognise it and it isn't attached to any cpc machine as is n.o.s

this is all the info i have on the packaging

40036, IC UOD7811G, 0288716/00-010, Z.F.C. (SPECIAL), H/90002852

If you recognise it can  you please let me know which cpc its from  + model release if known!

I only  presume it maybe late on  and released for 6128 (i have never looked into the + side of things so i wouldn't recognise it at all if its meant for one of those).
40036 Hmmm.. I do not have it listed on cpctech.org.uk (There is a document called "Amstrad part numbers" here which lists the parts that I have found so far).

What does it look like? Is it SMD type? Does it look like normal ROM or does it look more like the 16L8 PAL?

I *think* it may be a language variant. Any chance you could dump one of them?
40022 is the ROM in the CPC464 (English)
40037 is 32k O/S ROM AND BASIC for CPC464 (Spanish)
40038 is 32K O/S ROM AND BASIC for CPC6128 (Spanish)
40051 is 32K O/S ROM AND BASIC for CPC6128 (French)

any chance of a picture because this may help identify it...

It may also be for PCW or Spectrum.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

yoshi.doshi

Hi Arnold!! right i must explain. This rom isn't actually mine but has been aquired by a friend and asked me about it just last night. I have been sent a photo now (sorry for its cloudy image)and will post a link. Looking at the pins/legs i wouldn't suggest its cpc at all from the pic but you maybe able to clarify that 100% and maybe suggest the right alternative although i know this is cpc wiki!! I was told though that this was one of the items that came from a former uk amstrad supplier and they had "prototype" things amongst their possessions.   

just for interest i will inlcude a link to a pic of my own 464 rom marked 40025 8909 b.
Makes my 464 read v3 128 (ala 6128)

Is this on your tech list of amstrad parts???.

Thanks for your suggestions and help!!

http://tinypic.com/1r52a3hs

arnoldemu

Quote from: yoshi.doshi on 15:12, 29 July 09
Hi Arnold!! right i must explain. This rom isn't actually mine but has been aquired by a friend and asked me about it just last night. I have been sent a photo now (sorry for its cloudy image)and will post a link. Looking at the pins/legs i wouldn't suggest its cpc at all from the pic but you maybe able to clarify that 100% and maybe suggest the right alternative although i know this is cpc wiki!! I was told though that this was one of the items that came from a former uk amstrad supplier and they had "prototype" things amongst their possessions.   

just for interest i will inlcude a link to a pic of my own 464 rom marked 40025 8909 b.
Makes my 464 read v3 128 (ala 6128)

Is this on your tech list of amstrad parts???.

Thanks for your suggestions and help!!

http://tinypic.com/1r52a3hs
Hmmm this rom is familiar... I am sure I have seen this in PCW, or maybe in Amsrad printer.
Possibly inside DMP-1.
My games. My Games

arnoldemu

Quote from: arnoldemu on 15:29, 29 July 09
Hmmm this rom is familiar... I am sure I have seen this in PCW, or maybe in Amsrad printer.
Possibly inside DMP-1.

I just found it in the DMP-2000 service manual.
It is marked as CPU IC6 UPD7811. It is a CPU with built in ROM and is the controller for the DMP-2000.
Looking at the pcb pictures it has the staggered pins as your picture shows.

My games. My Games

yoshi.doshi

Quote from: arnoldemu on 15:35, 29 July 09
It is marked as CPU IC6 UPD7811. It is a CPU with built in ROM and is the controller for the DMP-2000.

Brilliant thanks Arnold!! Your rapid detective work is astounding!! I was completely baffled!! Shame it wasn't  something more significant but at least i can tell her now all the same..Have a great day!!

Gryzor

Hahaha fantastic, I wouldn't think anyone would find it, especially in hardware outside the computers....

Gryzor

Just a question - why on earth is it so big???

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 23:05, 29 July 09
Just a question - why on earth is it so big???

You mean THIS::)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

yoshi.doshi

:-[   the cpc prototype rom revealed!! Would have been a nice find though in truth!!

http://tinypic.com/3ia1vvc5

The guy who sells the amstrad parts on ebay seems to do so every once in a while..i posted a link up for "possible spares" on the cpc zone a while back!!

mahlemiut

Quote from: arnoldemu on 15:35, 29 July 09
Hmmm... there's a datasheet for the NEC uPD7801 recently added to the MESS wiki.  I wonder if this is similar.  The datasheet does show the same staggered pinout.
EDIT: Just noticed that MAME has a uPD7810/11 core, which also emulates the 7801.  So I guess I answered my own question. :)
- Barry Rodewald