News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Classic Commodore 64 lives again

Started by EgoTrip, 16:42, 07 April 11

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

@cp/m user, I did not recognise the compucolor in your photograph (you can tell it is 36 yrs old by the 8-track cartridge player used for loading software) :laugh: , MacDeath's was more like the machine I remembered, but I have to say they really did put too many colours on the keyboard.

AMSDOS

Quote from: steve on 10:10, 04 July 11
@cp/m user, I did not recognise the compucolor in your photograph (you can tell it is 36 yrs old by the 8-track cartridge player used for loading software) :laugh: , MacDeath's was more like the machine I remembered, but I have to say they really did put too many colours on the keyboard.

Apparantely 8-track cartridge players did exist in 1975 according to these guys and if you wanted a Compucolor in 1977 they were like $2750 - and I'm guessing that was for a 8001 model, the 8051 was the same only with a larger 19 inch monitor, the one pictured in MacDeath's post is its successor the Compucolor II which came out in 1977, which I think looks horrid compared to the colour scheme on the original machines!
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

The Enterprise 64 (got one! got one!) is and looks fantastic. And I also happen to like the joystick - for someone like me, who preferred keys over joysticks, it would have been a decent replacement for the times one was required.

Also the SAM Coupe' is real cute (got one, love it to bits)...

Bryce

Gryzor

Pretty darn expensive, both of them... don't know what I was thinking.