News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

login problemssss

Started by TFM, 01:32, 20 July 12

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Hi,

Some time before I changed my password.

Now I can't login anylonger using explorer. (It tells me I'm already logged in, but then it ask for pw, and it's always wrong). Now I CAN login with Chrome, but that suxx a bit for me (bad favorites list there).

If I want to get email... it tells me...

An Error Has Occurred!         

Session verification failed.  Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

BUT I'm NOT logged in (at this time).

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Schon probiert, auch alles andere...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Again with your IE? :D

Unfortunately I really don't know how to help; I use IE8 at work all the time, never had a problem logging in. Nor has anyone else...

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Well, nobody else has reported any issues... if more people submit the same problem then I guess it's a system thing and I'll try to find out what and why.

TFM

Whatever... I just tried (out of desperation) the in private browsing... and it works. In the regualar window not. :laugh:
People have often problems and usually never report. Only 12% of custuomers with troubles complain - in case of a bought product. In the case of the cpcwiki - which is free - people probably manage to get it running on or the other way and are just find with what they have. Nevertheless, the interface is buggy - at least for IE9. There is no shame to admit that  ;)  Because with all that OS, browsers, 32 or 64 bit... it will be hard to fit all demands. :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Do you have a password manager installed, or have you tried deleting all saved passwords in IE?

Bryce.

TFM

No pw manager, no pw saving, deleted everything. It tells me to log out, but I can't even log in. The error is in the forum software, but I'm not an expert in PC things (since they are boring to me). Well I will use not 'in private browsing', because this works.

The intereting thing is, it started after I changed my pw.

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Well, if the interface is buggy maybe a screenshot would help?

I tried it with IE9, never had a problem myself... I understand what you're saying about people not reporting problems, but we've had 2.800 visits with IE in the last month alone. I would guess somebody else would have complained...

TFM

That's not the point, as tried to explain before.

Since I changed my password back the interface does work again. I can even reproduce the problem, but that will not help much.
- Be logged in at one PC forever
- Change PW at other PC
- First PC will reject you now until you change your PW back (no, there are no cookies... or..)
Maybe IE9 has a cookie problem??
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Hm, I see. I'll try it at home, we don't have IE9 here at work...

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:45, 09 August 12we don't have IE9 here at work...

Clever choice ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Not quite, it's  because IE9 is not compatible with XP :D