News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Game's that you feel need more recognition...!

Started by Puresox, 21:18, 23 July 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Puresox

Quote from: sigh on 15:04, 15 January 14

Yeah! Skate Crazy is fantastic. The car park challenge was my favourite bit and I was pretty darn good at it.
Definitely ,really nicely programmed I thought ,I have to disagree about the car park challenge being too difficult to control ? I thought it was pretty spot on , but took a little bit of mastering .

Puresox

Does anyone remember how well Xenophobe was received back in the day? It's one of those games that doesn't seem to crop up on the radar. But the Amstrad version seems a pretty decent conversion looks good and plays well.
Oh and it's got shit hot soundtrack too.

dcdrac

I had xenophobe it was a fun blast of a game

AMSDOS

Xenophobe AA51 - 71% I think it got in the end. I remember being interested in the game at the time, but my Dad pointed out that the short nature of the game would limit my enjoyment of it and end up giving in, so I ended up getting the Mastergame Powerdrift from that issue instead and heaps of enjoyment from it.  8)

The Funny thing with Xenophobe though was it was released on the Atari Consoles, must of been one of the last commercial games to come out on it,  I've played the 2600 version which obviously doesn't have the graphics like the Amstrad version and it plays a bit funny to, I'd hate to think what the 7800 is like though.  :o
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Puresox

I'd love to see the 2600 version, can't imagine what it'd look like ! The Amstrad version looks like they took a bit of time with it , which is strange for not a massive arcade hit . It was always a bit awkward sort of game in the arcade though .

TMR

Quote from: Puresox on 12:13, 21 January 14
I'd love to see the 2600 version, can't imagine what it'd look like !

Some fairly clever use of the playfield there...

Puresox

Yeah , I had a trawl through You Tube  to look for it ,  I reckon they've done a great job ,considering the limitations of the system. Amazes me what came out for the VCS.

Puresox

Didn't realise A Demo of UWOL Quest for Money was released 2013!  Nice surprise. Hope they don't mind me embedding this here?
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=10069

Puresox

Just come across this little game and was pretty impressed for what it is , One of the best versions of the Snake type games out there. Love the fluid motion of the snake , the controls are spot on ,and think that with some adaptation, A superb Tron Light Cycle type game could be developed , had I the skills to do it , I would love to meddle with this . It's called Stretcher btw.
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=3475

Any progress on UWOL Quest for Money? Looked pretty promisingthe demo?

Gryzor

Quote from: Puresox on 22:37, 08 July 14
Just come across this little game and was pretty impressed for what it is , One of the best versions of the Snake type games out there. Love the fluid motion of the snake , the controls are spot on ,and think that with some adaptation, A superb Tron Light Cycle type game could be developed , had I the skills to do it , I would love to meddle with this . It's called Stretcher btw.
http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=3475

Thanks, just downloaded it to test.

I'd like to nominate Superpix! Yes, it's quite new, but I like this kind of game and I swear, this is the best version I've found! All Windows titles are either not well thought-out or have lots of really silly stuff in them...

remax

Quote from: Gryzor on 21:12, 14 July 14

Thanks, just downloaded it to test.

I'd like to nominate Superpix! Yes, it's quite new, but I like this kind of game and I swear, this is the best version I've found! All Windows titles are either not well thought-out or have lots of really silly stuff in them...

I like Superpix but i would say that Ilogic All is a bit better... I prefer the colors, it's easier for the eyes, and the system of time pénalisation is nice.
Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

Quote from: remax on 21:31, 14 July 14
I like Superpix but i would say that Ilogic All is a bit better... I prefer the colors, it's easier for the eyes, and the system of time pénalisation is nice.

You know, back when it came out I wasn't into that kind of game.

Just tried it. It looks and sounds wonderful, but the fact that it doesn't tell you when you got a position wrong is quite counter-intuitive... I don't like time penalties, but then again I'm not playing for scores so I can ignore it.

[EDIT] Er... scratch that, I had gotten the keys wrong. Let's play :D
[EDIT2] tiles are not marked when opened when they shouldn't. And the time penalty is, after all, a deal-breaker, a few mistakes and it's game over... Nah. :(

remax

Quote from: Gryzor on 07:47, 15 July 14

You know, back when it came out I wasn't into that kind of game.

Just tried it. It looks and sounds wonderful, but the fact that it doesn't tell you when you got a position wrong is quite counter-intuitive... I don't like time penalties, but then again I'm not playing for scores so I can ignore it.

[EDIT] Er... scratch that, I had gotten the keys wrong. Let's play :D
[EDIT2] tiles are not marked when opened when they shouldn't. And the time penalty is, after all, a deal-breaker, a few mistakes and it's game over... Nah. :(

What do you mean by your second edit?
Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

When you "open" a tile when it's normally empty then it doesn't tell you so... hope this is clearer. Also, how does "Help" (Ayuda) work?

That said, I've played it for a couple of hours (honest!) today, it's very nice though the colours do make things harder to see. Also movement is very fast, so I quite often click on a tile next to the one I intended to.

Puresox

Super pix is a great game , really deceptively enjoyable , I haven't seen the Illogical All game , so cannot comment , will look out for it.

Gryzor

Presentation is just excellent, but I think as a game Superpix may be more to the point. But I'm withholding final verdict :D

remax

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:28, 15 July 14
When you "open" a tile when it's normally empty then it doesn't tell you so... hope this is clearer.

I'm really really sorry but no  :'(

When you click on a tile, if it's empty it will be slashed to show that's it's empty. Of course, if you "mark it", it will tell you it was empty and you'll lose time

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:28, 15 July 14Also, how does "Help" (Ayuda) work?

You select the help key, the border become pink and then you select a row and a column and when you open it, it'll tell you the state of all the tiles of the row and the column. It costs 5 minutes.

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:28, 15 July 14
That said, I've played it for a couple of hours (honest!) today, it's very nice though the colours do make things harder to see.  Also movement is very fast, so I quite often click on a tile next to the one I intended to.

Well i feel largely easier to be in the right column, thanks to the red overline. In Superpix, i often choose the column or the row next to the one i want to chose as there is no such thing.
The controls are more responsive, so it's less a hassle to mark an entire column when you know it's empty or totally full (and the game has an auto completion feature when you have correctly tagged all the tiles of a row or a column, it's very very convenient !)

Superpix is really nice, but for me, t lacks a few very useful features from ilogic all that would make it the number one. Having played Ilogic all for months until the end, i miss these features very much.
Brain Radioactivity

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 21:12, 14 July 14
I'd like to nominate Superpix!

Good idea!!! It's a great game and also has the best instructions ever!!!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Carnivius

Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Puresox

Came across a game I have never really seen before, 'Shanghi Karate' by Players. I reckon this was not a bad little beat em up , especially for a budget release , yeah maybe the graphics look a little funny , when your character pulls moves , but it plays a good game, I reckon two player could be a real good laugh. The only other thing I find annoying is the jump is somewhat slow. But other than that I'd say the controls are responsive and it's good fun, bearing in mind there is not a massive amount of decent beat em' ups on the Amstrad, IK+, Fist, Barbarian being the exceptions.

TFM

There are more... Kung Fu Master f.e. Dragon Ninja f.e. and don't forget the awesome Fres Fighter II Turbo.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Puresox

Fres Fighter 2 and Yi Ar Kung Fu yes and there are the odd few more , but Kung Fu master and Dragon Ninja , I'd put in different category.

TFM

Well, ok, you can do that since they have no 2 player competition mode. But as long as you play alone...
TFM of FutureSoft

Puresox

I was more considering the fact that those two examples , were more run and kick/scrolling action games , whereas this was a Versus  game in the One on One sense (I know IK+, is 3 but , I think you get my drift).