News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Forum settings

Started by Gryzor, 19:56, 08 March 09

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello guys,

As some of you may have noticed, I'm playing with the forum's theme and settings. If you notice something you don't like, or that seems weird, please do let me know...

Cheers
Gryzor

psychris

When viewing the topic summary shown when posting a reply, it's pretty difficult to see the start of each post, while the quotes stand out on the page.

For example:
http://cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=107.0

Gryzor

Is it? But they're separated by a black line... But I don't like the design too much myself either. Will dig into the css to find out what makes it tick... thanks for the feedback :)

psychris

Gryzor, it may be outside your control, but the forum time is wrong (at least the minutes past the hour). It's xx:13 at the moment (18:13 in the UK).

Gryzor

Heh, I didn't think anyone would notice... how did you notice it anyway - I mean, I didn't think anyone is looking at the hours and minutes!

I think it reads the system's time, so if the server has the wrong time it will, too. Let me see :)

Gryzor

Ok, changed server's time , it's 07:46 CET on the server right now. Let's see how it appears. You can also set the offset in your preferences...

psychris

The time stamp is in the notification emails which meant I was receiving emails from the future  :)  I also like to see the time of the latest post when I reply.
I've set the offset to -1. Perfect.
Thanks!

Gryzor

Ah, so there you have it - we're ahead of our times :)

Thanks for noticing and letting me know

Gryzor

Quote from: psychris on 11:06, 09 March 09
When viewing the topic summary shown when posting a reply, it's pretty difficult to see the start of each post, while the quotes stand out on the page.

For example:
http://cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=107.0

Is it any better now? I think it's still not perfect, but it's somewhat more readable...

psychris

Much better, thanks!

Hempman

When I logged in using the fields at the upper right of the board, as I typed my username I couldn't see what I was typing (it was a very faint grey). The same thing happened when I entered text into the subject field of my new topic - I couldn't really see it because it was a very faint whitish-grey. However, typing text into the body of new messages seems to be fine (solid black font).

Gryzor

Quote from: Hempman on 17:01, 11 March 09
When I logged in using the fields at the upper right of the board, as I typed my username I couldn't see what I was typing (it was a very faint grey). The same thing happened when I entered text into the subject field of my new topic - I couldn't really see it because it was a very faint whitish-grey. However, typing text into the body of new messages seems to be fine (solid black font).

Hmmm? Are you sure? I mean, I just logged off and back on and the font is black, same with the post subject. Tried it with Opera and Firefox, what browser do you use?

Hempman

Oh, I just tried again.. sorry I described it incorrectly. The top-right login box is fine, except that I mistyped my password. I was then taken to another login screen. That's where the faint grey thing happens.

Gryzor

Aha, but I happened to mistype my password myself when testing it and again I got a black font :D And what about the subject line?

Hempman

Yes, same thing with the subject line. It's very faint and difficult to read. It's odd you have a solid black font but I don't. I'm using Mozilla Firefox 3.0.7 on a 1024x768 Toshiba laptop monitor that appears to be working properly. Perhaps it's just something funny on my system.

Gryzor

Just tried IE7 and Chrome as well, everywhere it's black... anyone else has seen the gray font?

psychris

Nope. I use FF3 and IE7 (WinXP) at work and Safari 3 (OSX10.5) at home.
A few strange things have happened but clearing the cache has fixed most of it. Right now (I just got home) the border is missing from the textarea box I'm typing in right now, which is odd.

Gryzor

Oh man :D

I'm running Win7 64x beta, but I doubt this makes any difference at all. I'm typing this within Opera10 and, as with the hundreds of previous posts I've made, the box is there!

The missing box sounds like incomplete code. Maybe your browser did not pull the entire page somehow? If you try reposting, does it appear now?

psychris

Yes, it's all working now. Looks good.  ;D

Gryzor

Phew, because you had me looking in css sheets and php templates and all for the past hour and couldn't find anything...

psychris

Gryzor

Nonono, I didn't say it for that, please do keep bugs coming in :)