Removing offtopic Section C't 512 KB internal RAM expansion

Started by nurgle, 21:27, 06 May 10

Previous topic - Next topic

nurgle

Devilmarkus

Quote from: nurgle on 21:27, 06 May 10
May I remove the offtopic section of the following page, please?

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/C%27t_512_KB_internal_RAM_expansion

Good idea.
I find it's crap.
But let's check the other reactions...
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Octoate

Yep, unimportant for this article and not even hardly CPC related.
--

nocash

Thanks for asking. Yes, it's not important to me. Remove it if you don't want it there.

Meanwhile I found more serious info (asked in the c't forum 1-2 months ago, if somebody has those old articels, and surprisingly somebody mailed them a few days ago, when I was no longer hoping for it.

Working on the article at the moment... but it's still messy. Just uploaded a "colorized" schematic. It should be much clearer than the original schematic.

Does somebody understand the syntax for the PAL chip? For example,

IF (VCC) X = A * B +
                    C * D

My current conclusions (may be wrong):
"IF (VCC)" means nothing, can be ignored.
"*" means AND
"*" has priority above "+"
"+" means ...what? xor? or?

Another example,

IF (GND) /Y = /Y

I guess that doesn't mean anything at all (?) and can be ignored, too.

nurgle

Quote from: nocash on 23:45, 06 May 10
Thanks for asking. Yes, it's not important to me. Remove it if you don't want it there.

Done.

Btw. Disregarding the removed section this is a good article indeed! Lots of info you collected there. Of course your frequent changes drew me to the article in the first place (via recent changes). Unfortunately I can not help with the content. I find it puzzling that I did not yet meet anyone who actually built this extension. Have to ask around on next XzentriX.

Ygdrazil

Hi

Yeah it's a great article, with lots of nice info!! I really like it.

I to wonder howcome I newer have heard about this memory expansion before!

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: nurgle on 00:32, 07 May 10
Done.

Btw. Disregarding the removed section this is a good article indeed! Lots of info you collected there. Of course your frequent changes drew me to the article in the first place (via recent changes). Unfortunately I can not help with the content. I find it puzzling that I did not yet meet anyone who actually built this extension. Have to ask around on next XzentriX.

Bryce

In the "missing info" it lists Schematics / chipset, but there's a Schematic directly below and in the scanned article?? Are further Schematics missing, or have you just forgotten to update the missing items list?

Bryce.

Gryzor

Well, the article is great, but indeed the off-topic was more than confusing: it was more of a google-bomb actively causing confusion instead of helping...

nocash

Yeah, wasn't my best joke. And, yup, google didn't have more useful info on cpc6512. I hope it didn't do too much confusion - you didn't try firing grenades at the mainboard, did you? :-)

Aye, the "missing info" part is outdated (as is about half of the article). Still working on it, the "junk" will be sorted out soon. For the PAL question - I'll repost it in the hardware forum, let's go on there: http://cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php/topic,556.msg8568.html#msg8568