News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Game's that you feel need more recognition...!

Started by Puresox, 21:18, 23 July 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Puresox

Came across a couple of great games, public domain. Both in the Snake type category but done really well...Crazy worm is a great version of Konami's 'Jungler'. Plays really well seems nicely programmed imo. And Crazy Snake which is a Snake type game which has some superb tunes on each level, and each level ups the Anti, in various ways. Really impressed to still be digging out decent games.

Puresox

On my never ending quest to find good little games I have never played I came across this cool little game from Microids. It's called RX220, and whilst it's not the best game in the world, it has a relaxing charm about it. And probably one I will try to complete, it's not to taxing but s'alright for some light entertainment.

Puresox

Get a little fed up of Isometric games , they all seem to be very similar. So was quite surprised when I took another look at Triaxos by Ariolasoft. Quite a different take on the genre , and with some great puzzles to solve. Also it looks like the CPC version kicks the C64 version in to touch. Really enjoying trying to work out how to map this.

Puresox

Dug out 'Carrier Command' again to see if I could get to grips with this game any better. I don't know how well this game was received but I think that the Amstrad's version is absolutely brilliant. I would think it would have to be one of the most complex games for the system. There is tonnes of elements  crammed into it , and it plays really well considering the limitations.Although it is very complex It's control scheme is pretty intuitive.
Don't hear it being talked about much and not sure why ,possibly the complexity puts people off?
Also.
It has an option for control as 'Kempston Mouse'?---- Is this not applicable for the Amstrad and possibly  just an error in porting across? It would be even better to operate with mouse control if it does?

dcdrac

I recall it was well received and it is hard to play Carrier command but it is worth persisting

Puresox

In relation to games like the above , which involve doing lots of saving to a blank disc. How is this enabled when using an emulator? Is there any file for a blank disc available? And does Winape provide facilities to save games?

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Puresox on 13:04, 25 October 14
Dug out 'Carrier Command' again to see if I could get to grips with this game any better. I don't know how well this game was received but I think that the Amstrad's version is absolutely brilliant. I would think it would have to be one of the most complex games for the system.

Dunno why it never got the recognition but I can tell you from personal experience it was impossible to get hold of a copy back in the day to the point where I became totally convinced it must have never been released on the CPC.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Puresox

Hmmm, 89 release date so not that late in the period. Not a game I would have gone for at the time myself, cos it would have gone over my head ,that and I was a poor little paperboy that rarely had enough dough to buy any games I wanted , just relied on swapping. I remember seeing this advertised in the mags though and I thought it look pretty cool graphic wise. Leagues better than Elite imo