News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC Plus cartridge replacement : one more

Started by gerald, 16:39, 01 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you interested in buying a 3D-printed case for the cartridge? Hoe many units? (only vote if you want one or more!)

178 (85.2%)
25 (12%)
2 (1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
more
4 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 209

Gryzor

Funny thing is I only used copies of Discology as a teenager. I only got an original last year :D

CraigsBar

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:48, 14 November 14
Funny thing is I only used copies of Discology as a teenager. I only got an original last year :D
My duplicator of choice had always been xexor. And I bought the original release that provided the required 'brain' file so it could copy itself. Oops. Copy protect a disc with a disc copier on it and one of the files on that disc provides the ability to copy it. [emoji4]
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

dcdrac

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:48, 14 November 14

I had Bonzo Super meddler, Discology and a Multiface 2

dragon

I only have original games i don't know why.

CraigsBar

Quote from: dragon on 15:49, 14 November 14
I only have original games i don't know why.
Until I had an internet connection I only had retail games too. I knew no one else with a CPC so used Xexor for backup to 3.5 inch discs only. Once the I had access to the Internet and NVG then things changed, but by that time the CPC was already commercially dead for 3 years at least. LOL
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

amstar

I am interested in 1 cart if a batch becomes a reality.

andycadley

TotO

The great gerald's board was shown at the ReSeT #18. Just impressive!  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Kris

Bryce

Quote from: Kris on 16:38, 18 November 14
Any picture of it ?  ;D

Have you looked at the first post in this thread?

Bryce.

eliot

Quote from: TotO on 09:50, 18 November 14
The great gerald's board was shown at the ReSeT #18. Just impressive!  8)

Simple to use and confortable to have all the PLUS productions on a "classic" cartridge size. But let's hope some good PLUS releases will be added to fill the big SD Card... ;)

Count me in for one, although I admit 80€ is an high amount for a so "restrictive" usage.  (I don't talk about the price of the electronic parts and work, which I can't estimate...)

gerald

Quote from: eliot on 18:03, 18 November 14
Simple to use and confortable to have all the PLUS productions on a "classic" cartridge size. But let's hope some good PLUS releases will be added to fill the big SD Card... ;)
Glad you liked it. For the card capacity, sorry I did not found smaller than 4GB  ;) , and more we wait, more we will need PLUS release to fill the cards  :laugh:
Quote from: eliot on 18:03, 18 November 14
Count me in for one, although I admit 80€ is an high amount for a so "restrictive" usage.  (I don't talk about the price of the electronic parts and work, which I can't estimate...) 
80 euros is the max I estimated with subcontracted assembly. But it's likely to be in the 60 range.

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

That's a problem which can be solved more easy than the hardware part.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Bryce

Quote from: gerald on 18:56, 18 November 14
Glad you liked it. For the card capacity, sorry I did not found smaller than 4GB  ;) , and more we wait, more we will need PLUS release to fill the cards  :laugh: 80 euros is the max I estimated with subcontracted assembly. But it's likely to be in the 60 range.

Personally I think at €80 it's still a bargain. It's a seriously fine piece of hardware. At €60 it's a steal.

Bryce.

ArcadeTV

TFM

You (both) think in commercial orders of magnitude. But CPC is hobby for 99.7% of us.  :)

"A steal" is what TotO produces for less than 30 Euros! That's "a steal".  ;)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ArcadeTV

nah, I just believe hard working people should always prosper ;)

Bryce

You don't value something from just the parts. The work, the usefulness, the quality decide what sothing is "worth". And I think it's well worth €80. Especially considering how small the batch might be.

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 22:36, 18 November 14
You don't value something from just the parts.
Now you impute me something!

BTW: Looks like it could be a very big batch (for CPC dimensions).

TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

?? I'm not implying anything, I'm just saying how I see it.

Bryce.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Executioner

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:41, 14 November 14
My duplicator of choice had always been xexor. And I bought the original release that provided the required 'brain' file so it could copy itself. Oops. Copy protect a disc with a disc copier on it and one of the files on that disc provides the ability to copy it.

Which idiot left that on there?

TotO

That remember me a nerd story in the 90's...
Windows ask me to change the floppy for the backup, but if you leave it in the drive, that work!  :-\

Apollo

Uh, found this thread now...

I would like two (2) cartridges as well if still possible :)
CPC - My beloved first computer!