News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Little help with X-MEM

Started by protek, 20:12, 01 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

protek

I got the X-MEM and X-MASS with MotherX4 the other day. Everything seems to be in order.
I'd be needing some help with the Flasher tool, though. It lists the installed ROMs and I can get the list of commands with help. I want to install the Symbos ROMs. What is the syntax to install a ROM into a free slot?

Also the keymap on the X-MEM default boot ROM is French. I ran the install tool, which asked to set the keymap, which I set to English. Do I need to reboot for the changes to take effect?

Thanks in advance!

TFM

Yes a reset is needed to make updates to take place.

Lower ROM / ROM 0 must be accessible for update (that's the case when the new ACME firmware is active).

If you have problems with the Flasher, you can use the ROManager 1.87 (runs under FutureOS). Download on my hp FutureOS - The revolutionary UltraOS for the CPC6128 and CPCPlus (downloads).

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

protek

Thanks for your reply, TFM! Didn't occur to me to reboot the machine earlier. Well, should be easier to to do stuff, when I'm getting the characters that I'm typing.

Have to try FutureOS too.

TFM

Haha! Yes, I know what you mean.  :)  Since I have that 3 A PSU all works fine here, but I got my M4 full with 4 cards.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

protek

All right! I got the Symbos ROMs on the X-MEM. :D I managed to find the correct syntax. I was trying 'flash 02', when I should've just typed 'flash 2'.

TFM

Uups. that's a good report for the 'bug-list'. A leading zero should not be a problem.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft