News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

DskTest v0.1.47b (release?)

Started by pacomix, 18:44, 15 June 13

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Quote from: pacomix on 22:30, 06 March 15
That's true! I generated a .cdt too... but I think that I never uploaded it... Definitely having it in the ROM format would be helpful but I think that it won't be more versatile than having the .cdt in a phone or real cassette. Are there really many people with a ROM interface?

Well, here? Yes, way more than people with a phone for sure.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Kris

Any news about the ROM version ?
I have several drives to fix and it's a pain to load the program each time I need it :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: Kris on 15:20, 27 April 15
Any news about the ROM version ?
I have several drives to fix and it's a pain to load the program each time I need it :)
it's the one thing that would not work on a no$cash cart I guess.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Kris

OK but from a ROMboard, it could be very helpful to launch from a simple RSX ;)

TFM

Quote from: Kris on 16:07, 27 April 15
OK but from a ROMboard, it could be very helpful to launch from a simple RSX ;)

Here you go:

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Kris

Such a fast feedback !!  :o
Thank you TFM, you are my savior ;)

TFM

Quote from: Kris on 18:57, 27 April 15
Such a fast feedback !!  :o
Thank you TFM, you are my savior ;)

If you need something less than 31 KB it's quite easy for me. I used the Inicrons great Softburner ROM-Maker. Well, it's in German, but easy to use.

If you need anything else in ROM, just post it. ;)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Great work TFM. Can you do it again when the DSKTest font has been changed to something less Eye-cancer inducing :D

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 19:32, 27 April 15
Great work TFM. Can you do it again when the DSKTest font has been changed to something less Eye-cancer inducing :D

Bryce.

Yes, the font is quite   .... rich of contrast ;-) Well, getting all the scanlines a bit brighter would be helpful for sure. Of course I will do that. Just post the file here.

And here is the Softburn ROM if one want's to give it a try. I'm here for questions.

TFM of FutureSoft

Kris

I will have a look to this soft, even if German version will be a pain for me :)
Google will help ;D

Kris

It takes about 1hour of test but 2 drives are already saved; thank you once again.......

TFM

Quote from: Kris on 19:54, 27 April 15
I will have a look to this soft, even if German version will be a pain for me :)
Google will help ;D

Haha, time to learn this wonderful and descriptive language. Software was/is for me a great way to polish my French and Spanish. But I know what you mean.  :)

TFM of FutureSoft

pacomix

Great you converted it to a ROM version TFM (btw... TFM is an acronym of The Fucking Master or something like that? :D).

Regarding changing the font color... I have absolutely no idea when I will have free time again. Feel free to change the palette and submit the modified binary.

Kris

@Pacomix: Would you be OK to share the source code ? I will be easier to modify and maybe improve some options (change track during reading, accelerate RPM calculation....)

pacomix

Quote from: Kris on 09:30, 28 April 15
@Pacomix: Would you be OK to share the source code ? I will be easier to modify and maybe improve some options (change track during reading, accelerate RPM calculation....)

If I find it I will do it for sure. In the meanwhile it would be good to know what do you think it would be useful to add. Remember that the main purpose of this tool is only to adjust the RPMs. Maybe the major improvement it can be carried out is the ability to adjust the RPMs in real time.

Kris

You 're right, it could be more relevant to have the RPM in real time (like RPM program from Brice Rive do).

Neil79

Hey pacomix, I'm having an issue and wonder if you could help.

I've just tried the RPM software as well as DSKTest and they are doing the same thing. The disk drive light stays ON with no readout given in " Measure Spin RPM ". I gave it about 30mins or just a bit longer and it still does it. However if I select the HxC drive for a scan it works perfectly, says it has a read out of about 299.6. But the real drive, it falls on it's arse.
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

pacomix

Quote from: Neil79 on 10:14, 31 July 15
Hey pacomix, I'm having an issue and wonder if you could help.

I've just tried the RPM software as well as DSKTest and they are doing the same thing. The disk drive light stays ON with no readout given in " Measure Spin RPM ". I gave it about 30mins or just a bit longer and it still does it. However if I select the HxC drive for a scan it works perfectly, says it has a read out of about 299.6. But the real drive, it falls on it's arse.

Try a different disk. If the inserted disk has no sector information (if I recall correctly) the program will fail but I don't remember the drive will spin indefinitely. Also the configuration I have tried was only a drive connected in a 464 and with the original 6128 drive. I don't know yours.

Neil79

Update : Just done a readout on the disk that only reads halfway, it's saying the rpm is at

305.08RPM - 310.08RPM
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Neil79

:'( :'(

pacomix

Quote from: Neil79 on 20:16, 31 July 15
Update : Just done a readout on the disk that only reads halfway, it's saying the rpm is at

305.08RPM - 310.08RPM

Hi! What is exactly your problem?

TotO

It is too high to work properly. It need to be adjusted.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

He's already adjusted and broken it, see other thread...

Bryce.

TFM

But one can carefully re-adjust it, and then it will work fine. Patience is a virtue and will help here. (Ok, no virtue I got, but in genera... ;D ). Good luck, don't give in!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 17:30, 03 August 15
But one can carefully re-adjust it, and then it will work fine. Patience is a virtue and will help here. (Ok, no virtue I got, but in genera... ;D ). Good luck, don't give in!  :)

Ehhh, no. He really broke it: Amstrad CPC 6128 - Floppy Drive Advice

Bryce.