News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

[AMSTRAD CPC] Heartland Longplay

Started by NewsBot, 13:01, 03 March 12

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD CPC] Heartland Longplay
3 March 2012, 1:13 pm

My last longplay for this year, Merry christmas folks ! (Odin, 1986) You were searching your grandmother's attic when you discovered an old book. Upon reading it, you become part of the tale that the book tells. The Heartland is now ruled by the warlock Midan, and the people live in misery and fear. But the last chapter of the book is missing, and if the six pages which make up the last chapter are not found, Midan will rule forever. This is a nice exploration game with plenty of shoot-'em-up action as well. You must find the pages, but there are also six dark pages which must be destroyed. When you have found the pages, you can go to the bed and on to the next level. The graphics and sound effects are lovely and make the game enjoyable ![/t][/t]
Time: 33:10More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Axelino
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Gryzor

This looks lovely (and it's 1986, too!). Never played it, wonder if it's any fun...

invent

This is a lovely game, really enjoyed watching all the beautifully drawn animations, never completed the game though.
Didn't realise C64 and Spectrum had a version.  In the process of manually ripping the sprites so I can do a conversion of it to Amiga/ST, more of a mockup at this stage.

If anyone knows a quick way of getting the sprites ripped please let me know.  To get all "The Covenant" sprites I grabbed them from the maps of the Speccy and converted to 2:1 pixels :)  that took a while though.

Enjoying/Creating Retro Games

Gryzor

invent

thankyou Gryzor :)

Spend some time today creating the Amiga/Atari pixels.  Prefer the Amstrad colouring out of the 3 systems.  Still very early days but will add the copper backgrounds and water effects/reflection at bottom.

These mockups may only ever be mockups if no coder has any interest and thats ok, its more fun to do and as Amstrad was my first computer I'm quite fond of a few games :)

Gryzor

Lovely pixel art on the left...

Targhan

Funny, I played a lot this game as a kid, and I never found the village! Got stuck endlessly in the first part of the game...
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

invent

Hi Targan,  yeah the map layout confused me, im sure my mapping skills would be slightly better now and might even try again.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Quote from: Targhan on 23:07, 15 July 19
Funny, I played a lot this game as a kid, and I never found the village! Got stuck endlessly in the first part of the game...

I managed to get to the second level a few times, but it got rather harder.

There was a map published, I think in ACU.

invent

Heartland map for Spectrum and Amstrad here: (Not sure if there are any difference but do prefer the real screenshots over drawn) - especially for sprite ripping (did that for "The Covenant")

https://maps.speccy.cz/map.php?id=Heartland

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:Heartland_map.jpg

On my search travels found this video [size=78%]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPD9HCFvX8U[/size]
  not Amstrad but I like the idea (pretty cool)

Gryzor

Interesting idea, but it'd be much cooler if the background changed accordingly...

invent

Here is the final concept for the Amiga version (32 colours + copper effects)