News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Kane

Started by chinnyhill10, 11:51, 03 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

A favourite of mine. Whisper it but I prefer the CPC version to the C64 original.

--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Carnivius

Strange thing is I very much remember playing this game quite a lot when I was young but I don't actually seem to own it in my tape collection so I must have borrowed it and it just stayed in my mind all this time and made me think I owned it when I don't.  I don't recall the tape inlay so it makes me wonder if I borrowed it from a friend as part of a compilation.  Does anyone know if Kane was any compilations?

Still a pretty fun little game too.  On Amstrad at least.  The colour clash of the Spectrum ruins it somewhat and the horse jumping on the C64 version would have me smashing the computer with frustration after a little while.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Morn

Carnivius

Quote from: Morn on 13:05, 03 July 15
Looks like it: http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=6360

Hm no.  Wasn't that.  Haven't heard of some of those games and the menus make me think that was a disk compilation.  Perhaps I just borrowed a single release version that was missing it's inlay card. 
Thanks though. :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Phantomz

Thanks for the video, it was nice to see the different versions.  :)

I've just converted it for the GX4000 incase people want to have a 5 to 15 minute play about.  ;D

It's on the " Converted GX4000 games " wiki page now.  :)

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Carnivac on 12:42, 03 July 15
Strange thing is I very much remember playing this game quite a lot when I was young but I don't actually seem to own it in my tape collection so I must have borrowed it and it just stayed in my mind all this time and made me think I owned it when I don't.  I don't recall the tape inlay so it makes me wonder if I borrowed it from a friend as part of a compilation.  Does anyone know if Kane was any compilations?

Still a pretty fun little game too.  On Amstrad at least.  The colour clash of the Spectrum ruins it somewhat and the horse jumping on the C64 version would have me smashing the computer with frustration after a little while.

I'm wondering if the capture lag made the C64 version harder than it should have been. That said I have EXACTLY the same lag on the Speccy and CPC so go figure.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Puresox

I thought this game was fantastic , really enjoyable , well put together game which was only let down  by it's longevity. Really was a shame that the game was a little too easy . Lovely animation in it , and pleasant too the eye cartoony graphics , made it one of Mastertronic's best (of the 1.99 range anyhow).

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Puresox on 18:35, 03 July 15
I thought this game was fantastic , really enjoyable , well put together game which was only let down  by it's longevity. Really was a shame that the game was a little too easy . Lovely animation in it , and pleasant too the eye cartoony graphics , made it one of Mastertronic's best (of the 1.99 range anyhow).

Sadly we didn't get Kane 2 which only IIRC made it to the C64. And actually it wasn't terribly good either so we might have dodged a bullet. :-)
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Morn

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 19:52, 03 July 15

Sadly we didn't get Kane 2 which only IIRC made it to the C64. And actually it wasn't terribly good either so we might have dodged a bullet. :-)
Chinny, what's the intro/outro music in your videos? Is that supposed to be a cover of "Get Lucky" perhaps? It stops too soon to tell. But I'd really like to listen to the complete song, whatever it is.

Yesterday I randomly picked Milk Race from the CPC TOSEC (its strange name just intrigued me I suppose), but I didn't understand how to control the game. Today I see you have a video about it where you explain the name and also talk about how it's controlled. Very timely.  :)

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Morn on 20:21, 03 July 15
Chinny, what's the intro/outro music in your videos? Is that supposed to be a cover of "Get Lucky" perhaps? It stops too soon to tell. But I'd really like to listen to the complete song, whatever it is.

Yesterday I randomly picked Milk Race from the CPC TOSEC (its strange name just intrigued me I suppose), but I didn't understand how to control the game. Today I see you have a video about it where you explain the name and also talk about how it's controlled. Very timely.  :)

It's a piece of stock music. Got it about a year ago so not sure if I still have the name to hand. Will see if I can find the email with the details.

Milk Race confused me as a kid but once you get the hang of the controls (which are a pain as the manual wasn't very good) its easy to complete it.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

KaosOverride

Ahh, Kane!

This with Express Raiders and Wells&Fargo where the three components of a great western afternoon after school with some friends :D
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

Morn

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 01:24, 04 July 15
Milk Race confused me as a kid but once you get the hang of the controls (which are a pain as the manual wasn't very good) its easy to complete it.
I was waggling the joystick left and right like in Summer Games II (the only other cycling game I know apart from Paperboy of course), but that didn't seem to do anything.  :D