Beyond the Ice Palace on the CPC (Novabug's Retro Gameplay)

Started by Novabug, 23:28, 24 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Novabug

The game which was spawned from Thundercats and Ghost n' Goblins.... will excellent music also.

NRG: 5-10 Minutes of Gameplay - Beyond The Ice Palace [Amstrad CPC]

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

As always, remove the 's' from 'https' to embed the video.

Let's watch it, love this game :)

seanb

Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Carnivius

It was meant to be ThunderCats?  I don't know if I ever knew this.  ThunderCats is my fave cartoon of all time and I felt the actual official game was pretty lousy but enjoyed Beyond the Ice Palace.   Hm, if they could recolour that sprite to have blue clothes and red hair it would be passable as Lion-O.

I'm not that fond of the music in this game though.  I preferred Whittaker's tune for the actual released ThunderCats game despite being disappointed at the time that it wasn't the classic theme tune of the show.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Puresox

The Thundercats game tune is awesome, and definitely the best thing about the game.
I always liked Beyond the Ice Palace, thought it was a well presented game which although hard was enjoyable.

seanb

The main sprite is a recoloured lion-o.
look at his hair.
when I get home I'll post a video here about it

MacDeath

I have long hairs too, yet I am not a recoloured Lion-O...  :laugh:

seanb

Thats because you're a palette swap of Snarf

seanb

Puresox

Thanks for that , never seen that before, great bit of info , that  covers a great deal .

Carnivius

Hm.  Doesn't mention Storm Warrior which is also by Elite and features a sword wielding character with big red hair and blue outfit.  And storm = thunder, maybe?   :)

Seriously though, Bomb Jack 2?   How random...

And god how I hate that awful 2011 reboot series...
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

seanb

Neil79

Quote from: seanb on 20:42, 26 March 15
Go to 11 minutes if you don't want to know all the history

Great vid  8)
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

sigh

It's a shame that they hadn't created this scrolling engine for Ghost n Goblins.

zeropolis79

It was mentioned in Amstrad Computer User that this was comissioned as Thundercats.