News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision - 3D Stunt Rider

Started by chinnyhill10, 11:37, 26 June 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

A CPC only title this time. It's 3D Stunt Rider by Amsoft:

--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

VincentGR

Nice!
I'll watch it on my break!!!

sigh

It's a very enjoyable concept and I remember there being a similar game I used to play on my friends C64, which didn't have the 3D view in the beginning.

With more variety in what you jumped over, a 2 player mode here you take turns and better sound/music, this could of been Amsoft's stronger game.

It would of been nice to have heard that "speech" at the end of the video that you were talking about.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: sigh on 13:56, 26 June 15

It would of been nice to have heard that "speech" at the end of the video that you were talking about.

I don't have an SSA-1 though so it wasn't possible. The SSA-1's output was pretty rubbish as well so you aren't missing much.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

chinnyhill10

Bit of a bump for this. You see the programmer has turned up in the video comments!

So I took the opportunity to ask him if the story about Alan Sugars kid coming up with the concept and then Sugar pitching it was true.........

Yes it is!

"Certainly I remember sitting in Sir Alan's board room, at his then offices, where he pitched the Stunt Rider idea to us. I was 16-17 at the time. I wanted to do more original games but not like that. Unfortunately there was no possibility of originality or variation from his brief. Have you seen what happens to people who argue with Sir Alan? ;) The 3D graphics took up quite a bit of memory limiting other aspects of development including time to do more interesting game play. Sir Alan just wanted something to add to Amsoft's releases. Bear in mind there was very few games available for the Amstrad when it first came out."

Love it! Sugar there pitching a computer game concept his kid came up with to a programmer who'd rather be doing something else. :D
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

Nice one, thanks for asking him!