News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Advanced Pinball Simulator

Started by chinnyhill10, 21:21, 03 February 17

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Got this as part of Quattro Arcade. Not a bad little game but obviously only an approximation of real pinball. Lacks the speed and physics. Still, fun to be had.

--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

(you were not very good at it, were you? :D )

First pinball game I got hooked on; used to play it with my dad, who was a big (real) pinball player. I agree with your assessment - nothing to write home about nowadays of course, it hasn't aged very well, but back then it was good fun.

Hadn't noticed to colour clashing on the CPC before and the c64 version looks like a good deal more fun due to the increased speed and more fluid gameplay - the Atari version sucks big time, surprisingly.

I think it could benefit by letting you tweak the physics parameters...

Nice vid!

keith56

I think you're comments were fair on this one - I've heard people give it stick before, but for a budget release, it was pretty fun.

Thinking about it there's no reason the game HAD to be so slow on the CPC - even without hardware sprites, but even it it was a bit slow it was a lot of fun back then.

I remember playing it for hours with an 'infinate balls' cheat trying to complete it (Can't remember if I actually did though!)
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

Shaun M. Neary

Oh I wasted countless hours on this between 93-95 during my pinball crush.

Is it as fast as a real pinball table? Of course not. Hell, even Time Scanner couldn't manage that on any of it's formats either. It's an 8 bit machine, sometimes you have to suspend disbelief and just take it for what it is.

While it didn't have the speed it needed, it did require a certain degree of accuracy that pinball needed to be able to hit certain points of the table, and for me, that's what kept me going back. Plus it was part of a four game budget compilation which also came with Fruit Machine Simulator which was also pretty decent as well.

Yeah, don't have a bad word to say about this one. Served it's purpose in keeping me quiet for several hours.  :D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:38, 04 February 17
(you were not very good at it, were you? :D 

Oh back in the day I was. But  you need quick reactions and you don't get that with a 0.25 of a second delay introduced by the LCD and the capture lag. With quick reaction games you are always onto a loser when capturing.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 14:35, 04 February 17
Oh I wasted countless hours on this between 93-95 during my pinball crush.

93-95? What you needed was Pinball Dreams on the Amiga. That game has everything!
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 12:04, 05 February 17

93-95? What you needed was Pinball Dreams on the Amiga. That game has everything!

I also needed a beefy bank balance just to be able to afford one of those things in the 90s too!!  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

||C|-|E||

Back in the days I was playing Score 3020...  :-X :-X too bad I never tried this one or some others.

chinnyhill10

The thought occurs, has this been ported to the GX4000? You could have one flipper on the D pad (perhaps left), the other on fire so you could use both. hands.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

zeropolis79

Yes, it's on the C4CPC cart...

Did you remember the HENLEY cheat on the CPC and Speccy versions/