News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision - Bomb Jack 2

Started by chinnyhill10, 12:32, 06 November 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

A look at Bomb Jack 2 on the CPC, Speccy, C64 and C16. As ever, real hardware:

At the end there is a link to a video by Larry Bundy Jr which reveals the C64 version may have started life as a Thundercats game!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

arnoldorroland

The C64 has form for the "wrong" tunes after the odd use of the Star Wars theme in the awful A Team game. At least there's a reason for it here!

Zoe Robinson

I've seen the C64 version of Bomb Jack II before and yeah, it's clearly supposed to be Lion-O as the main character. His colour scheme matches the sprite here. The Thundercats theme confirms that this is one of the three games Elite was working on for their Thundercats licence and that's mostly likely why it feels like an incomplete game.

The CPC version looks nice, though! :D

remax

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 18:46, 06 November 15
The CPC version looks nice, though! :D

I've nice memories of this game...
Brain Radioactivity

mahlemiut

The lower energy bars are the energy of each enemy.  You can drain their energy a bit quicker if you stab them (fire button to stab).
- Barry Rodewald

chinnyhill10

Quote from: mahlemiut on 23:26, 06 November 15
The lower energy bars are the energy of each enemy.  You can drain their energy a bit quicker if you stab them (fire button to stab).

Completely pointless though as you have no idea which enemy is which. Nor do the instructions on the re-release I have explain that.

I'd always assumed the fire button allowed you some extra "pushing" force than stabbing them. Perhaps the idea was originally it would be Lion-O's sword?
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

Haven't watched the vid yet, but I edited your post to embed it, if that's fine with you @chinnyhill10 ...

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:57, 10 November 15
Haven't watched the vid yet, but I edited your post to embed it, if that's fine with you @chinnyhill10 ...

Sorry, my fault. I usually get it right.

Thanks.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

Yeah, I know, I just pointed it out because I thought maybe you didn't want it to be embedded :)