News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Championship Waterski Challenge

Started by chinnyhill10, 20:09, 01 February 16

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

A French game that was released in the UK, but quickly sank. Picked up by Players and re-released on budget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqvilfClGvI

And no, I'd never heard of the waterskiing guy before I googled him!

Has the embed code broken? Tried the usual option and some different ones and its failed each time.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Zoe Robinson

Yeah, looks like the embed is broken. :(

Lovely-looking game though; shame about the total lack of gameplay. Reminds me a little of how awful 3D Stunt Rider was to play.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 00:50, 02 February 16
Yeah, looks like the embed is broken. :(

Lovely-looking game though; shame about the total lack of gameplay. Reminds me a little of how awful 3D Stunt Rider was to play.

At least 3D Stunt Rider didn't have a multi-load. And I suppose at least Waterski has 3 levels not 1 (although a horrific tape mutliload that made me give up and get the 6128 out so I could run it from HxC).
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Zoe Robinson

Multi-loads are awful, I have to agree. The only multi-loads I ever tolerated other than for the occasional playthrough were Gauntlet II (IIRC it gave a couple of levels per load, so it wasn't so bad) and Spitting Image (because it was a half-decent beat-'em-up).

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 21:51, 02 February 16
Multi-loads are awful, I have to agree. The only multi-loads I ever tolerated other than for the occasional playthrough were Gauntlet II (IIRC it gave a couple of levels per load, so it wasn't so bad) and Spitting Image (because it was a half-decent beat-'em-up).

I had Lemmings on floppy for the CPC, but played the Speccy version on tape and on that machine each level took 10 seconds to load which was tolerable.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

MacDeath

I had a disk drive, so multiloads do not concern me, admiral...
:laugh: