News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision - Continental Circus

Started by chinnyhill10, 11:09, 17 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Continental Circus on the ST, Amiga, CPC, Speccy, MSX and C64.

And you thought we had Speccy ports bad. Look at the MSX version!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

||C|-|E||

I have never played with this one, but Amstrad conversion seems very decent. The MSX version is just painful to watch, same as many other speccy ports. Oh well, the CPC suffered from that cancer as well...

arnoldemu

A nice game on cpc with smooth fast movement :)
But why don't the wheels animate???

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

||C|-|E||

They move so fast that you cannot see it  :D

chinnyhill10

In all this time it never bothered me until it was pointed out just now. Now its REALLY annoying!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Novabug

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 20:02, 17 July 15

In all this time it never bothered me until it was pointed out just now. Now its REALLY annoying!

They may 'move' on the C64, but the graphics on this version are lush.

arnoldemu

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 20:02, 17 July 15

Sorry.

I used to think they were wheel guards.

EDIT: I worked with the guy who programmed the CPC version.
EDIT: I checked the graphics, they are not compressed, they are mode 0, but they are reduced to their minimum size.
On Speccy an attribute block flashes to pretend the wheels move, same as msx. Not sure what happens on c64.
On CPC they are mud guards...

but lets not forget, I thought this game had the smoothest fastest road I had ever seen on cpc, really nicely done and I told the guy who programmed it exactly that :)

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Never played this one back when. The CPC version looks really cute!!! Certainly much better than the c64. And the MSX... oh my god. I kept thinking "why aren't you pressing fire?" :D

Shaun M. Neary

The wheels not moving on this was my biggest bugbear of this game. And considering it came out around the same time as Chase HQ, it really put me off it.
Also didn't Power Drift suffer that exact same fate? Great fast game, but the wheels had no animation?
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

ukmarkh

Good old CC - cracking game back in the day.