News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Dynamite Dux

Started by chinnyhill10, 11:35, 19 June 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

A look at Dynamite Dux on the ST, Amiga, Sega Master System, C64, CPC and Speccy.

Pity about the tiny screen on the CPC version although we at least get better scrolling as a result than the Speccy version has.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Neil79

I loved this game as a kid!
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Neil79 on 11:42, 19 June 15
I loved this game as a kid!

Cute if clumsy and repetitive beat-em-up. Very very easy though. Even I completed the CPC version!
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

CraigsBar

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 00:20, 20 June 15

Cute if clumsy and repetitive beat-em-up. Very very easy though. Even I completed the CPC version!
I missed this one in the 80's. And I kinda like it now, albeit easy. It could have been a great gx4000 game if only it had full screen, hardware sprites so it was still as smooth, music and, most importantly, 2 player mode.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

chinnyhill10

Quote from: CraigsBar on 01:12, 20 June 15
I missed this one in the 80's. And I kinda like it now, albeit easy. It could have been a great gx4000 game if only it had full screen, hardware sprites so it was still as smooth, music and, most importantly, 2 player mode.

Seems it didn't get a budget re-release either. Which is odd as most games did.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

Really decent gfx, but looks so unoriginal and kind of boring with that speed...

sigh

The cpc scrolling is very nice even though the window is small. If this had a 128k version with music and a 2 player mode, I think it would of been an even greater conversion.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: sigh on 22:02, 20 June 15
The cpc scrolling is very nice even though the window is small. If this had a 128k version with music and a 2 player mode, I think it would of been an even greater conversion.

IMO as soon as you compare it to the Master System or C64 scrolling, you realise the scrolling is not that smooth. For a CPC game its passable but the window is tiny. Like when people used to try and play Doom on a 386 PC in a postage stamp sized window to keep the frame rate up.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube