News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Edd The Duck

Started by chinnyhill10, 12:32, 18 March 16

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Oh dear its a Rainbow Islands clone and not a good one at that. Jerky blocky graphics and dreadful gameplay and all at full price. Can't even change direction when jumping.

Amstrad Action seemed to have a blind spot for this game as far as I remember giving it a fairly high score.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

EgoTrip

Blind spot? Or paid to give it a good review?

Zoe Robinson

I loved this game as a kid!

Mind you, I never got to play Rainbow Islands until the Amiga came along, but I loved this game!  ;D

Also, Ed The Duck was cool.  8)

Zoe Robinson

OMG, I just realised: this is by Zeppelin, the guys who crapped out Santa's Christmas Capers! Suddenly the lack of consistency between versions makes all the more sense!  ;)

Nich

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 17:00, 18 March 16
I loved this game as a kid!

I also owned it when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I couldn't get past scene 2 without cheating - and I still can't to this day! :laugh:

Having watched Chinny's video, I was actually quite impressed by the smoothness and amount of colour in the C64 version. It certainly puts the CPC version to shame!

QuoteAlso, Ed The Duck was cool.  8)

I'm off to YouTube to watch old videos of Edd the Duck in the broom cupboard... :D

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Nich on 22:26, 18 March 16

Having watched Chinny's video, I was actually quite impressed by the smoothness and amount of colour in the C64 version. It certainly puts the CPC version to shame!

Graphically the C64 version is very nice, just a shame it suffers from exactly the same gameplay faults as the other versions.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

arnoldorroland

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 12:32, 18 March 16
Amstrad Action seemed to have a blind spot for this game as far as I remember giving it a fairly high score.

Was it Adam Peters who was a big fan of the duck?

(The BBC home video of Edd pratting around in Paris with Gorden Kaye and the like is actually quite funny. I need to transfer and upload it!)

EgoTrip

Was I the only person who hated the Edd the Duck character?

Zoe Robinson

chinnyhill10

Quote from: arnoldorroland on 18:23, 19 March 16

Was it Adam Peters who was a big fan of the duck?

Yes, he liked the character which is I think why the game got an easy ride.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

arnoldorroland

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 23:27, 19 March 16

Yes, he liked the character which is I think why the game got an easy ride.

Having now watched it, I see you mentioned that fact!  :picard:

Puresox

Quote from: EgoTrip on 18:25, 19 March 16
Was I the only person who hated the Edd the Duck character?
I thought he was Naff also. It was around the time, when BBC Childrens tv was going downhill , So it is a figurehead of crapness imo

Zoe Robinson

Ed the Duck was far, far better than Gordon the fekkin Gopher.

Puresox

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 01:49, 20 March 16
Well thats like comparing a Dog dump with a cat crap imo not worth bothering cos they're both poo

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 01:49, 20 March 16

They both sucked shit to be perfectly honest, and then a year or two later, we were given Mr fucking Blobby on a prime time slot.
Yeah, UK television has a lot to answer for in the 90s. Don't even try to defend that, the British put Mr Blobby to UK number 1 in 1993 in the charts, knocking off Take That of all people too!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

EgoTrip

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 17:18, 20 March 16

They both sucked shit to be perfectly honest, and then a year or two later, we were given Mr fucking Blobby on a prime time slot.
Yeah, UK television has a lot to answer for in the 90s. Don't even try to defend that, the British put Mr Blobby to UK number 1 in 1993 in the charts, knocking off Take That of all people too!

And those ****** at the BBC wonder why people don't want to pay a license fee. Its one massive scam, the BBC executives pocket most of it and spend what little is left on stupid puppets and ridiculous clown suits. While protecting kiddie fiddlers.

Zoe Robinson

Wow, this escalated quickly.  :o

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: EgoTrip on 18:05, 20 March 16
And those ****** at the BBC wonder why people don't want to pay a license fee. Its one massive scam, the BBC executives pocket most of it and spend what little is left on stupid puppets and ridiculous clown suits. While protecting kiddie fiddlers.

I'll take BBC programming over the joke that is RTE in Ireland.

Do a google search for the following childrens programming in Ireland in the 1980s

Fortycoats & Co
Bosco
Wanderly Wagon.

This was all shit to attempt to keep kids amused. In Dublin, we had the choice of switching over to the BBC or ITV, as we got their programming, but if you were stuck down the country, god help you. Truly 'orrible shit! xD
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

EgoTrip

Most TV is just propaganda and brain rot. They call it programming for a reason.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: EgoTrip on 18:29, 20 March 16
Most TV is just propaganda and brain rot. They call it programming for a reason.

Oh no... he's off again...  :laugh:

Puresox

Ego Trip, I am with you on that , Programming is the operative word! Especially in recent times US and UK are the new (Soviet Model) of old,in the  propaganda sense

Gryzor

Wait, what was this thread about, again?

EgoTrip

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:00, 21 March 16

Think it was something to do with sports.

Gryzor

Quote from: EgoTrip on 18:01, 21 March 16
Think it was something to do with sports.

Ah, there you have it.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:00, 21 March 16

Would a wood duck duck?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3