News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Ghost Hunters

Started by chinnyhill10, 12:41, 12 February 16

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Who you gonna call? Ghost Hunters!
[/url]

Arguably where the rot set in for CPC fans as its the game where the Oliver Twins realised they could write a game on the CPC that could be ported to a Speccy in hours. Resulting in much duller visuals than their previous game, Super Robin Hood.

Sorry, embed still appears to be broken I'm afraid.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

robcfg

Nice video!

Brings back memories. I still have it, and I had much fun running around the mansion but never finished the game.

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Good vid as always Chinny.

I had this back in the day as part of the Quattro adventure tape, was never very good at it. Much preferred super Robin Hood which was also on the same tape.

||C|-|E||

It looks like a very decent game  :) I never played it, but the animation is very detailed and it seems to be a nice adventure. The only problem I obviously see from the graphics side is the light flickering of the main character, but it is a minor thing  :)

chinnyhill10

Quote from: robcfg on 14:43, 12 February 16
Nice video!

Brings back memories. I still have it, and I had much fun running around the mansion but never finished the game.

It's just that bit too fiddly. Lots of nice ideas, but not as good as Super Robin Hood was.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Shaun M. Neary

I actually enjoyed this one too.

It got a little sluggish whenever there were moving platforms etc, but nothing to stop the show though.
Granted, I did play this before SRH, but i though the colours really matched the mood of the game.

Never finished it either.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:58, 13 February 16
I actually enjoyed this one too.

It got a little sluggish whenever there were moving platforms etc, but nothing to stop the show though.
Granted, I did play this before SRH, but i though the colours really matched the mood of the game.

Never finished it either.

It's a fairly decent game. And at least you can see what is going on. Try the Speccy version on a TV using the red colour scheme. Thankfully someone realised as you can change the colours to cyan.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 19:39, 13 February 16

It's a fairly decent game. And at least you can see what is going on. Try the Speccy version on a TV using the red colour scheme. Thankfully someone realised as you can change the colours to cyan.

On a semi related note... oh the fun I used to have loosening the CPC's monitor cable to make the colours different on games.  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?