News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision - Hard Drivin'

Started by chinnyhill10, 21:12, 26 November 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Anyone complaining that the CPC version is a bit slower than the Speccy version should have their attention drawn to the utter mess that is the C64 version. Oh my, clearly the programmer was way out of his depth!

--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Shaun M. Neary

This was never going to be an easy task though. The arcade original was quite complex, and it was that way for a reason.

It was never intended to be an arcade game. It started development as a driving instructor aid, and then it was tweaked for speed and they added the stunt track, and then someone saw dollar signs.

It barely functioned in the arcade as it was (although it's sequel, Race Drivin') did much better. So the home versions never stood a chance.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

arnoldorroland

I think I got this initially from the Home Computer Club before my mum realised how much of a pocket money deficit I'd be in being a member. An enjoyable game, even though I was useless at it.

dcdrac

I loved hard driving, I remember the computer club, WH Smiths ran it I think, and yes a lot of my pocket money went their way too

chinnyhill10

Quote from: arnoldorroland on 21:03, 02 December 15
I think I got this initially from the Home Computer Club before my mum realised how much of a pocket money deficit I'd be in being a member. An enjoyable game, even though I was useless at it.

The Home Computer Club was a nice little scam. Lure people in with cheap games and then oblige them to keep buying more at full price. Probably would be illegal today.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 21:20, 02 December 15

The Home Computer Club was a nice little scam. Lure people in with cheap games and then oblige them to keep buying more at full price. Probably would be illegal today.

And to think I was jealous because I couldn't join because I didn't have a UK postal address!  :o
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?