News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Hydrofool

Started by chinnyhill10, 13:42, 13 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Another Friday, another video recorded directly from a real CPC! Hydrofool, the follow-up to Sweevo's World:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ9nkvU2HcA

Yes I know I'm not very good at it.  :D
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

tastefulmrship

Quite possibly one of my favourite Rob Hubbard tunes on AY! He hated the limited sound from the chip, but when he can compose something like this, then surely it can't be as bad as C64ers say it is! Simply a lovely tune! ^_^

(I am now at work humming the tune to customers... ...)

TFM

Hubbard always was a SID guy. If he calls the AY limited, then he just dosn't know everything about it. Look at the incredible things people did with the AY, last example was BSC's Kapitän AYAY.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Jonah (Tasteful Mr) Ship on 17:28, 13 February 15
Quite possibly one of my favourite Rob Hubbard tunes on AY! He hated the limited sound from the chip, but when he can compose something like this, then surely it can't be as bad as C64ers say it is! Simply a lovely tune! ^_^

(I am now at work humming the tune to customers... ...)

It is a great tune and you miss it when you play the 48k Speccy version.

No C64 version of Hydrofool either so we don't get to compared what Hubbard would have done with the tune on a SID.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

robcfg

Rob Hubbard did also lovely tunes for the atari pokey chip. My favourite version of Warhawk is still the atari one.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: robcfg on 16:45, 14 February 15
Rob Hubbard did also lovely tunes for the atari pokey chip. My favourite version of Warhawk is still the atari one.

There is the great tune he did for the utter appalling and totally bugged Atari version of Jet Set Willy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P3d-8OdIsA

I challenge any of you to play that version. It's completely and fundamentally broken. Great tune mind.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Puresox

tastefulmrship

There is an updated version of Jet Set Willy for the Atari 8-bit computers, released in 2007 - Atari 400 800 XL XE Jet Set Willy 2007 : scans, dump, download, screenshots,

Also, I've "found" a YM version of the music... attached. (It looks like attachment filesize has been reduced, so I've had to reduce the quality, too!)

chinnyhill10

My XE refuses to load the updated versions xex file so am yet to play it.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube