News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: LA SWAT

Started by chinnyhill10, 11:53, 28 August 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Well, er, the CPC version is quite something. No animation at all, missing gameplay features and horrific expanding heads when you shoot people. It's complete tat on all the systems but the CPC version is in a whole league of its own. Rubbish!

While I remember there's a CPC special coming up in a few weeks as well. Stay tuned, loads of GOOD CPC games coming up.

If you haven't subscribed, please do! Please support probably the only true multiformat channel on Youtube that loves the CPC! And using real CPC's as well!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

Oh god, what a shitfest... thanks for the vide, funniest I've watched in a while. Great choice of subject matter :D

Nich

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 11:53, 28 August 15
Well, er, the CPC version is quite something. No animation at all, missing gameplay features and horrific expanding heads when you shoot people. It's complete tat on all the systems but the CPC version is in a whole league of its own. Rubbish!
LA SWAT ranks as one of the worst, if not the worst, commercially released CPC games ever! How on Earth could Mastertronic have allowed this to get through their quality control?! I'm really struggling to decide if LA SWAT is worse than the infamous atrocity that is Count Duckula 2.

QuoteWhile I remember there's a CPC special coming up in a few weeks as well. Stay tuned, loads of GOOD CPC games coming up.
I'm looking forward to them. I really like your videos!

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Nich on 19:04, 29 August 15
LA SWAT ranks as one of the worst, if not the worst, commercially released CPC games ever! How on Earth could Mastertronic have allowed this to get through their quality control?! I'm really struggling to decide if LA SWAT is worse than the infamous atrocity that is Count Duckula 2.

Oooh, now there's a question. LA SWAT worse than Duckula 2? I guess at least LA SWAT is running CPC code and not a straight Speccy port. Also Duckula 2 was released years later and was a prestigious licence whereas LA SWAT was just another Mastertronic game.

Gotta be Duckula 2 hasn't it?
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:01, 29 August 15
Oh god, what a shitfest... thanks for the vide, funniest I've watched in a while. Great choice of subject matter :D

Odd thing is. what spurred it was buying the Atari version and thinking "this is a bad urban version of Commando". Had no idea the CPC and Speccy versions would be so terrible. In fact IMO I let the Speccy version off lightly as I was still recovering from the CPC version.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Carnivius

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 19:10, 29 August 15

Oooh, now there's a question. LA SWAT worse than Duckula 2? I guess at least LA SWAT is running CPC code and not a straight Speccy port. Also Duckula 2 was released years later and was a prestigious licence whereas LA SWAT was just another Mastertronic game.

Gotta be Duckula 2 hasn't it?

I agree with this for those reasons and also cos LA SWAT is meaningless and easy to ignore and try to forget about.  As a fan of the Count Duckula cartoon it still annoys me knowing these guys had the opportunity to make a really fun game for fans of the show with all the fun and humour, but instead they appear to have wanted to stab people like me right in the hearts with a stake by releasing such a godawful shoddy, ugly piece of crap that would barely have even been acceptable in 1984 never mind 1992.   I wish someone like Codemasters (briefly discussed this with the Oliver Twins on Twitter a couple months back as they like the show) or Hi-Tec (maker of solid cartoon-based games such as Potsworth & Co, Defenders of the Earth, Scooby & Scrappy Doo) had got the license instead.  They would have produced much better Duckula games and certainly much prettier ones!

Oh well, maybe I'll go back to my Duckula mock up again once I finished Roland of Sherwood and re-use the majority of the engine to put together what a proper CPC Duckula game could have been.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife