News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Leaderboard

Started by chinnyhill10, 00:46, 19 May 18

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Probably one of the first Kixx re-releases I ever owned. Anyone played the PCW version on a real machine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=349mb41CANo

Doesn't seem as slow on the CPC as it did when I was a kid but I wonder what it would have been like if they'd done it in Mode 0.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Shaun M. Neary

Enjoyed this comparison. Agree with the Speccy version being more difficult to control.

The distance thing on the 8bits can vary if you have to aim the ball left or right first, so you may need to club up. Also the instructions gave the distances each club does in terms of longest and shortest length. I keep a copy on my phone.

Also PW stands for pitching wedge, not putting wedge.  ;)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 02:47, 19 May 18

The distance thing on the 8bits can vary if you have to aim the ball left or right first, so you may need to club up. Also the instructions gave the distances each club does in terms of longest and shortest length. I keep a copy on my phone.

Also PW stands for pitching wedge, not putting wedge.  ;)

Not a golfer :-)

Someone I spoke to has a theory why its so easy to hit the flag. It's to do with the maths of having so few pixels and having to calculate the perspective. Basically the further away you go the lower the resolution so where the ball lands becomes represented by less and less pixels the further away you get. He said on the C64 the flag is always represented by two pixels so you have a pretty good chance of hitting it from distance when you may only have a landing area of 30 pixels to begin with.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube