News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision - Nemesis

Started by chinnyhill10, 13:30, 22 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: ukmarkh on 19:04, 27 January 16
Chase HQ overhyped? Green Beret good? Nemesis graphics nice? Continental Circus a mess?

I think somebody has spiked your tea! 

Green Beret was good for it's time, again, came out before a lot of people realised the machines full potential (which seems to be overlooked a lot on this forum), was it outstanding? No, but I never claimed otherwise.
Nemesis, again, compared to some of the absolute crud that was out around that time was still a good game, albeit not a great game. Was fine as a budget or a compilation release.

I'll still stand by Continental Circus' graphics, so much yellow that it looked like Pavement Pizza. Power Drift showed that being done right if you want a fair comparison.
It's all subjective, but I'm just going on what I enjoyed personally.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

chinnyhill10

I had Nemesis on the Konami compilation. Thought it was pretty weak. So even when it was one of 10 or so games I thought it was bad.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 10:09, 28 January 16
I had Nemesis on the Konami compilation. Thought it was pretty weak. So even when it was one of 10 or so games I thought it was bad.

Same here, but I still thought it was better than Yie Ar King Fu II!  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

ukmarkh

Give me the Galactic Plague, over that crappy Nemesis conversion any day of the week. If that doesn't tell you something, nothing will.

Green Beret was a complete turkey on the Amstrad CPC, by all means like it if you must, but do the rest of us a favour, and do so in private  ;)  haha!

Yie Ar King Fu II - Never heard of it  :laugh:

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:16, 28 January 16
Give me the Galactic Plague, over that crappy Nemesis conversion any day of the week. If that doesn't tell you something, nothing will.

Green Beret was a complete turkey on the Amstrad CPC, by all means like it if you must, but do the rest of us a favour, and do so in private  ;)  haha!

Your Galactic Plague comment just nullified your Green Beret comment... sorry!

Yie Ar King Fu II - Never heard of it  :laugh:

Neither had I until I got the Konami Arcade collection comp in 88. I don't believe it was an arcade game, just an 8bit spin off of the name. It was awful. Mode 0 done badly and so so sluggish.

ivarf

Quote from: ukmarkh on 11:16, 28 January 16

That's the quality we got on the Amstrad. I had a good time gaming on the Amstrad. If I remember correctly , you shocked us all few years ago when you saw the light and converted to the church of C64. I still have my childhood Amstrad religion

ukmarkh

:)

ukmarkh

Quote from: ivarf on 20:58, 28 January 16
That's the quality we got on the Amstrad. I had a good time gaming on the Amstrad. If I remember correctly , you shocked us all few years ago when you saw the light and converted to the church of C64. I still have my childhood Amstrad religion

Eh? You been on the pop or something?

Gryzor

Well, Nemesis had one thing going for it - gorgeous box art. I had obviously bought an original copy, because I remember having cut the front of the box and sticking it above my desk...