News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Ninja Massacre

Started by chinnyhill10, 20:27, 13 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

The relentless march of CPC reviews continues with Ninja Massacre by AA's own Adam Waring. It is of course a Gauntlet clone and ironically one that came out just after Gauntlet was re-released by Kixx:

I enjoyed it at the time although as I got it as part of Quattro Combat (for £2.99) I'd only paid 75p for it!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Shaun M. Neary

Noooooooooo!

God, I hated Adam Waring's games. If I wanted to play a Spectrum, I would have bought a Spectrum. Lost Caves was the same. Some of the most drab colour schemes he used to use too.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:15, 14 May 16
Noooooooooo!

God, I hated Adam Waring's games. If I wanted to play a Spectrum, I would have bought a Spectrum. Lost Caves was the same. Some of the most drab colour schemes he used to use too.

He coded. The graphics were done by Neil Adamson. See the title screen.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 14:58, 14 May 16

He coded. The graphics were done by Neil Adamson. See the title screen.

That's true. Wonder if Adamson did all the graphics for his games too? Never really paid any attention to the credits back in the day when I played em. 
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Puresox

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 13:15, 14 May 16
Noooooooooo!

Strangely enough I was not to aware of Adam Waring's stuff apart from the appalling(IMO) Lost Caves. I happen to come across one of his games today completely by chance 'Ultima Ratio' by Firebird. An Ok sort of game . Funny thing is with it if you leave it sitting doing nothing for about 15-20 minutes a phone starts ringing.Lol. I was watching You tube video's whilst emulator was on in the background and kept hearing this phone ringing ,I thought man some of these vids are a bit amateurish. Eventually tracked it down to this game . I suppose the British Telecom link made him do it  :D . Oh and I liked his menu pages/High Score tables very off the wall
Anyway don't want to take this thread off course ,just sort of linked in .

Gryzor

Yes, it looks like the Speccy, but at least it's fast and seem enjoyable...

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:38, 19 May 16
Yes, it looks like the Speccy, but at least it's fast and seem enjoyable...

So was Gauntlet, and it was released on budget around the same time as this farce came out! xD