ChinnyVision: Review of 180 by Mastertronic Added Dimension

Started by chinnyhill10, 21:46, 27 November 14

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

How can a game from 1986 that cost £2.99 be better than the darts mini game in the multi million pound GTA V? Well I take a look to find out.

Versions reviewed include the Speccy, CPC, C64, and Atari with a guest appearance from a very special persons hand!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGLcIa8P2ss

Also until this week I'd never registered that the dart board in the CPC version wasn't properly round. A result of graphics ported from the Speccy?
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Carnivius

This review of the C64 version mentions digitized speech (the guy in the third column).

:)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Carnivac on 22:16, 27 November 14
This review of the C64 version mentions digitized speech (the guy in the third column).

:)

Cheers. I couldn't score 180 on the C64 due to the odd controls.

I daresay the controls feel normal to C64 owners, but having come straight from the CPC and Speccy versions I just found them odd.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Zoe Robinson

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 21:46, 27 November 14
How can a game from 1986 that cost £2.99 be better than the darts mini game in the multi million pound GTA V?

For the same reason that the aircraft controls in the GTA games are godawful: they just didn't care. There were other things to occupy their time, like deciding whether to name their Internet cafes "Tw@t" was a good idea or not.