News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GameHammer - Knightmare

Started by Zoe Robinson, 00:41, 13 October 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe Robinson

Guys, I have to say I've always liked the games I've reviewed as a kid even if I've been disappointed with them when I've come back to them as an adult. Despite this, I have to say I played Knightmare a lot as a kid because I loved the show but I never really liked the game. It was infuriating because it's not in any way a good game. As a result, I'm immensely disappointed with it, not to mention frustrated at its many, many faults.

andycadley

I think that pretty much exactly mirrors my entire experience with this game. What an utterly wasted opportunity it was, a Knightmare game should have been brilliant.

Scarlettkitten

Brilliant vid, that was a tough game for sure.
Sophie Rose:- My musical works https://soundcloud.com/sophierosemusics

MacDeath

The funny part is that it is almost as heavy for a ZX spectrum to handle masked sprites in monochrome as for a CPC.
It is not rare that monocolour +  masked sprites run almost as well on CPC, but CPC can get the sprites with different colours.

But yeah, speccy ports are bad unless the game is really excellent to begin with. :laugh:

Also : hey I remember this TV show, we had a french version...

chinnyhill10

Quote from: MacDeath on 02:01, 18 October 15
Also : hey I remember this TV show, we had a french version...
You did. All the illustrations and graphics were taken from the UK version produced by Anglia Television in Norwich.

Dunno how they did it actually for France as in the UK original the Travelling Matte company would pull up outside Anglia and hook their truck full of computers and video gear into the mixing desk inside the studio. For France I'm assuming they probably just provided the elements on tape which is why you can see certain things are missing such as the room transition graphics.

The computer used for the graphics and video processing was a Spaceward Supernova.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Zoe Robinson

There's a pretty good write-up about how they did the UK version in a 1987 copy of C+VG. I scanned it for the Knightmare.com fan site a few years back, so if you fancy a read it's at C+VG