News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision - The Complete Guide To Roland

Started by chinnyhill10, 11:24, 18 September 14

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

This one was hard work in more ways than one, it's a look at every commercially released Roland game for the CPC:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlRp4owZBEY

Should all be there. And no, I haven't included the two ACU type-ins as I don't consider them official games (neither have a SOFT number).

Sorry it's so long but there are quite a few to get through! As usual all captured from my CPC 6128. No emulators used!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

Thanks for this... never was a fan of Ronald but I enjoyed the vid :)

tastefulmrship

Both end screens for ROLAND IN TIME and ROLAND IN SPACE.

EDIT: I was a big fan of ROLAND AHOY!

Carnivius

Am doing a phone game inspired by one of the Roland game (or the original game the Roland one is a rename of but it was the Roland version I played lots)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Jonah (Tasteful Mr) Ship on 10:59, 08 October 14
Both end screens for ROLAND IN TIME and ROLAND IN SPACE.

EDIT: I was a big fan of ROLAND AHOY!

Rolands Revenge? IIRC the Winter '85 Amsoft catalogue says Roland In Space is the final Roland game so surprised to hear another was planned!
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Sykobee (Briggsy)

I thought that Roland Takes a Running Jump was a decent Manic Miner clone, not bad for a magazine article. And it had a level editor...

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 20:43, 10 October 14
I thought that Roland Takes a Running Jump was a decent Manic Miner clone, not bad for a magazine article. And it had a level editor...

Roland Take A Running Jump was not a commercial Amsoft release and has no SOFT number, so it's not really an official game.

Its a rather poor Manic Miner clone that was more about a programming tutorial and less about being a game that was any good.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

EgoTrip

Roland Goes Digging is a port of Space Panic, which is the very first platform game.

tastefulmrship

However, to "complete" the Roland series (ie, including the type-ins stuff; ROLAND IN THE HAUNTED HEDGES, ROLAND TAKES A RUNNING JUMP, etc)... there's always ROLAND SAVES THE POCORO LEGENDS FROM AN INEXPLICABLE PERIL OF SOME KIND... or POCORO LEGENDS for short! ^_^

BASIC Games: Pocoro Legends & Shape Switcher.