News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision - Tubaruba

Started by chinnyhill10, 02:32, 15 March 19

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

I game I never played originally that I saw reviewed in ACU and knew had SSA1 support. Surprisingly released at £1.99 on the Spectrum by Firebird, the CPC version was full price (and had full page adverts in ACU). And it gave me chance to use my Lamdaspeak!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68nd8MNjBPo
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Nich

Tubaruba is a fantastic game on the CPC. Whenever my father took my brothers and I to see our cousin many miles away, this was one of the games I would play on his CPC, as he obtained the game with the PP8 games discs. It's utterly bonkers - and very difficult, as you acknowledge - but brilliant nonetheless. It's difficult to believe that the guy who wrote it (Tooba Zaidi) was only 15 or 16 at the time! :o It seems to be the only game he ever wrote; I wonder if Tooba Zaidi is actually a pseudonym?

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Nich on 20:18, 17 March 19
believe that the guy who wrote it (Tooba Zaidi) was only 15 or 16 at the time! :o It seems to be the only game he ever wrote; I wonder if Tooba Zaidi is actually a pseudonym?

He's a real person and pretty easy to trace. But it's unfair to start mentioning peoples details in videos or online. But if you Google his name someone very likely to be the coder turns up.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube