News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Werewolves Of London

Started by chinnyhill10, 13:27, 16 January 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

A look at Werewolves Of London on the Spectrum, CPC and C64. But which version comes out top?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEYLIsfqabk
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Joseman

Controversy game no?

The company that was behind this game (Ariola soft) went bankrupt and the game was released by mastertronic full of bugs in the spectrum version that made the game impossible to finish.

The amstrad version, apparently can be finished, i can't finish it, i heard that the last cross is very very difficult to find on the amstrad version, i don't like to read walktroughs, but i suspect that perhaps there isn't a "normal" way to find the last cross on the amstrad version, perhaps is bugged to?.

anyone has information about it?

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Joseman on 15:18, 16 January 15
Controversy game no?

The company that was behind this game (Ariola soft) went bankrupt and the game was released by mastertronic full of bugs in the spectrum version that made the game impossible to finish.

The amstrad version, apparently can be finished, i can't finish it, i heard that the last cross is very very difficult to find on the amstrad version, i don't like to read walktroughs, but i suspect that perhaps there isn't a "normal" way to find the last cross on the amstrad version, perhaps is bugged to?.

anyone has information about it?

Amstrad version can be completed, I actually did it in the early 90's.

As I say in the video the game is split up into zones. It's up to you to find each zone but it can be done.

I've asked about the Speccy version of World Of Spectrum as it is so empty. Only 4 sprites on screen at once and it appears to have a smaller map. For example you can't go left off of the park gate screen.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Lazy Dude

Yes! this was one of my fave games back in the day.
Never knew about the messed up release issue as I used to borrow my mates flippy tape and spend ages rampaging the streets.
one to revisit again no doubt  ;)