News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision - Zub

Started by chinnyhill10, 12:42, 20 November 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Been working at this once with ages. In depth review of Zub on the CPC, Speccy and C64. Huge thanks to John and Ste Pickford for answering all my stupid questions. Hopefully managed to dig out a few facts that aren't covered elsewhere.

From a CPC perspective, I've also included some footage direct from a CTM 644.

[/url]

And what happened at the end of the CPC section is entirely genuine. Anyone else had this happen to them?

--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Zoe Robinson

How have I gone for decades without playing this game?  :o

reidrac

As an amateur game developer I find the review of this kind of games very inspiring.

I'm not likely to spend a year working on a game and finally deliver, I think I'm better doing quick things in a couple of months tops, sort of "budget games". Yup, I could make a "Zub" type of game!

(as opposed to too large and bad scoped projects that are doomed to fail :D)
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

EgoTrip

Never heard of this game. I'd have enjoyed this for certain back in the day.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: EgoTrip on 15:36, 20 November 15
Never heard of this game. I'd have enjoyed this for certain back in the day.

Anyone who has the full version of the Pickford Bros Magnetic Billiards on iOS will have seen there is a prototype game in there called I Sent My Monkey To The Moon. It's essentially a Zub mixed with Roland In The Caves. Hopefully 2016 will see the release of the full version with better graphics, enhanced gameplay and more to do. Fingers crossed.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Shaun M. Neary

I remember seeing the box in stores as a kid and judging a book by it's cover thinking it looked like a pile of shit.
It actually looks quite playable. Might give it a go later =D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Puresox

Lol ,  :laugh: .
I thought it looked quite smart for a budget game . There we go though there is no accounting for tastes.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Puresox on 16:32, 20 November 15
Lol ,  :laugh: .
I thought it looked quite smart for a budget game . There we go though there is no accounting for tastes.

To be fair, 11 year old me didn't know much better. Instead I bought Seabase Delta and Hollywood Or Bust.
Both of which WERE crud.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 15:47, 20 November 15
I remember seeing the box in stores as a kid and judging a book by it's cover thinking it looked like a pile of shit.
It actually looks quite playable. Might give it a go later =D

John and Ste were annoyed by the cover as they felt it didn't match the game. Ste has said that he would have offered to do the cover himself if he'd known Mastertronic were going to have a stumpy Bobba Fett on the cover.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Zoe Robinson

To be fair, I'd probably play a game based on a stumpy Bobba Fett.

dcdrac

oh that that took me back loved this game, it was one of those gems like Harvey headBanger

CraigsBar

Quote from: dcdrac on 22:39, 20 November 15
oh that that took me back loved this game, it was one of those gems like Harvey headBanger
Harvey Headbanger, now you are talking, a shame the musical loaders do not work on the plus machines...
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Phantomz

@chinnyhill10

Hi, you requested this game ages ago, but at the time I couldn't do it.

I'm happy to say, that I have now got it sorted, it's on the " Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post) " thread.  :D

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Ah, I had this, never really got the hang of it. But I liked the menu screen.

It's a shame the CPC lost some of the animation and the platforms were just a little too small - but I think otherwise graphically it's the best. Those bugwormthings are cute.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Phantomz on 18:48, 03 May 16
@chinnyhill10

Hi, you requested this game ages ago, but at the time I couldn't do it.

I'm happy to say, that I have now got it sorted, it's on the " Converted GX4000 .cpr - The topic (repository link in first post) " thread.  :D

Ooooooooh! Well done! Super work!
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube