News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision: Arkanoid

Started by chinnyhill10, 11:59, 24 April 15

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Bumper 6 format review of Arkanoid, all on real hardware, but how does the CPC version stand up?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwK8bCrcRZ0

Video looks at the C64, Speccy, CPC, MSX, Atari 8 bit and BBC Micro. Where else can you get all that on the real equipment eh?  :D
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

CraigsBar

Not in my house that's for sure. I could run to 2 cpc's 3 pluses, and when the postman delivers it a gx4000.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

chinnyhill10

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:12, 24 April 15
Not in my house that's for sure. I could run to 2 cpc's 3 pluses, and when the postman delivers it a gx4000.

To be fair I was thinking more of on Youtube which is generally just people posting capture from emulators.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

CraigsBar

Well to be honest not there either.

CraigsBar

Is it possible to 'donate' chinnyvision without the pain of recurring payments via patreon? Like the cpcwiki I would gladly donate when I have free funds, but I cannot guarantee a fee every month?

chinnyhill10

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:50, 24 April 15
Is it possible to 'donate' chinnyvision without the pain of recurring payments via patreon? Like the cpcwiki I would gladly donate when I have free funds, but I cannot guarantee a fee every month?

A couple of people have asked me about this and I'm looking into it. Have a couple of ideas so hope to get something setup shortly.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

arnoldemu

@chinnyhill10: Please make all your videos available in safety mode.
No idea how you need to do that on youtube.
I've turned safety mode on for my daughter on her tablet and it's active when I use youtube.

I assume with it being 8-bit there is no nudity, sex or swearing.  :laugh:

Perhaps with 16-bit  ;D
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Carnivius

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:00, 24 April 15
I've turned safety mode on for my daughter on her tablet and it's active when I use youtube.

Perhaps with 16-bit  ;D

I want more 8-bit breasts!   Hm. Game Over and Phantis loading screens come to mind.  Oh, and Storm Lord. Rawr!
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

chinnyhill10

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:00, 24 April 15

Perhaps with 16-bit  ;D

I've had someone ask me this before and I can't see what I need to do. The "Enable Age Restriction" box remains unticked for all the videos which claims if ticked "prevents underage users from viewing this video". So I'm not sure what more I need to do.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

chinnyhill10

Done some research. Safety mode is applied automatically by Youtube. There's nothing I can do about it. They automatically flag the content depending on subject and keywords. No idea why inoffensive reviews of old games would flag up.

Sorry.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

arnoldemu

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 13:38, 24 April 15
Done some research. Safety mode is applied automatically by Youtube. There's nothing I can do about it. They automatically flag the content depending on subject and keywords. No idea why inoffensive reviews of old games would flag up.

Sorry.
ok thanks for trying.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

CraigsBar

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 13:38, 24 April 15

Sorry.
someone at google/YouTube clearly likes your sexy voice lol ;)

chinnyhill10

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:47, 24 April 15
someone at google/YouTube clearly likes your sexy voice lol ;)

Everything I read seems to suggest its completely automated so goodness knows how they select what is safe and what is unsafe.

Mind you if you have ever tried using Youtubes automated subtitles on any of my videos you'll discover just how advanced their automated technology is. It just gets everything completely wrong!
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

CraigsBar

It takes skill to make sure you get everything wrong automatically lol.

remax

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 20:35, 24 April 15

Everything I read seems to suggest its completely automated so goodness knows how they select what is safe and what is unsafe.

Mind you if you have ever tried using Youtubes automated subtitles on any of my videos you'll discover just how advanced their automated technology is. It just gets everything completely wrong!

Possibly as just advanced as their freaking copyright violation detection...  >:(
Brain Radioactivity