News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cholo's Vids - Green Beret - Amstrad CPC

Started by NewsBot, 00:02, 25 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[/url]
25 May 2016, 12:39 am

Green Beret - Amstrad CPC

Source: CholoCPC

This vid has been pulled from Cholo's YouTube channel
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Shaun M. Neary

Convenient timing that...  :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

...just my thought exactly :D

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:06, 25 May 16
...just my thought exactly :D

I'm thinking of busting out my copy and playing it now. =D
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Cholo

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 12:37, 25 May 16
Convenient timing that...  :laugh:
Ahem, yes  :D  not trying to "put fuel on the fire" or anything but all this talk made me realise i hadnt uploaded a video of the game. Also i totally understand the game feeling very "bad" especially from a modern point of view. If the game hadnt had checkpoint & being fairly generous with extra lives i guess it would have faired a lot worse.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Cholo on 20:40, 26 May 16
Ahem, yes  :D  not trying to "put fuel on the fire" or anything but all this talk made me realise i hadnt uploaded a video of the game. Also i totally understand the game feeling very "bad" especially from a modern point of view. If the game hadnt had checkpoint & being fairly generous with extra lives i guess it would have faired a lot worse.

I enjoyed Green Beret at the time, today its short comings are obvious but it ain't the worst game ever. A perfectly passable piece of entertainment at the time.

If it had been published by Amsoft we'd probably have it in our top 20 Amsoft games!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Zoe Robinson

I never realised people thought Green Beret was bad until I saw comments about it online. I played it back at the time of release and enjoyed it. It's not the best game ever, sure, but it's far from the worst and I personally had a lot of fun with it.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 00:02, 30 May 16
I never realised people thought Green Beret was bad until I saw comments about it online. I played it back at the time of release and enjoyed it. It's not the best game ever, sure, but it's far from the worst and I personally had a lot of fun with it.

Nail on the head.

As I said in the other thread, and people will continue to deny this for the sake of not having egg on their faces, but a lot of people review retro games by todays standards and not at the time of release. You simply can't do that. That would be like criticising the Terminator 2 movie for shitty effects in 2016, it's an unfair comparison.

But then, why let logic get in the way of a good ol' fashioned game bashing?!