News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cholo's Vids - Gunsmoke (cheatrun) - Amstrad CPC

Started by NewsBot, 23:02, 05 November 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Gunsmoke (cheatrun) - Amstrad CPC
5 November 2011, 9:36 pm

You dont have to watch the whole thing, but i do suggest that you check lvl4 at least as that is "riding the raft" and is a bit different from the rest of the game. Also do check the ending as well. So why cheat? Well, something obviously went wrong when converting the game from arcade to amstrad. Not that they didnt do a good job .. infact they did a incredible job on everything .. except gameplay. I dont think the programmer even played the game once or they would instantly have noticed the unplayability and the bugs as well. If you have seen the arcade game you then know that you can only shoot up or to the sides .. this work well there because the enemies only spawn from the top and sides as well. But in the amstrad version the enemies also spawn behind you .. and are homing in on you too? Its clearly not a accidental programming error as the enemies have clearly defined sprites for thier backsides. If you are unlucky you can easily end up loosing all your lives in 20-30 seconds simply because the enemies might spawn on top of you. Graphics: is just amazing. The arcade game has some really ugly dirt brown houses so the amstrads happy colours is a HUGE improvement. Audio: pretty nice as well. Even tho there isnt tha many sfx ingame then the ones there is there are pretty "arcade-y". Gameplay and Bugs: The arcade game as a extremely fast scrooling bullet-hell shoot and has 10 levels. Even tho the amstrad only have 5 levels then they are quite lengthy instead. No horse ...
Time: 46:18More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by CholoCPC

This vid has been pulled from Cholo's YouTube channel
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Cholo

The full text:

You dont have to watch the whole thing, but i do suggest that you check lvl4 at least as that is "riding the raft" and is a bit different from the rest of the game. Also do check the ending as well.

So why cheat? Well, something obviously went wrong when converting the game from arcade to amstrad. Not that they didnt do a good job .. infact they did a incredible job on everything .. except gameplay. I dont think the programmer even played the game once or they would instantly have noticed the unplayability and the bugs as well. If you have seen the arcade game you then know that you can only shoot up or to the sides .. this work well there because the enemies only spawn from the top and sides as well. But in the amstrad version the enemies also spawn behind you .. and are homing in on you too? Its clearly not a accidental programming error as the enemies have clearly defined sprites for thier backsides. If you are unlucky you can easily end up loosing all your lives in 20-30 seconds simply because the enemies might spawn on top of you.

Graphics: is just amazing. The arcade game has some really ugly dirt brown houses so the amstrads happy colours is a HUGE improvement.

Audio: pretty nice as well. Even tho there isnt that many sfx ingame then the ones there is there are pretty "arcade-y".

Gameplay and Bugs: The arcade game is a extremely fast scrooling bullet-hell shoot and has 10 levels. Even tho the amstrad only have 5 levels then they are quite lengthy instead. No horse or weapon upgrades, but instead the amstrad has a river lvl (lvl4) that i dont think is in the arcade at all. Lvl 5 is also quite playable without cheating. Lots of little bugs in there too like the too narrow passes on lvl 2-3 or the "walk on water" at lvl 3 or the odd pickup glitch on lvl 5.

All in all: pretty sad that its so unplayable as you can really see how much work has been put into making the game. Just adding a endless "continue" option could have saved it i guess.

By Topo Software 1987

Gryzor