News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cholo's Vids - International Karate Plus - Amstrad CPC

Started by NewsBot, 02:00, 17 June 14

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

International Karate Plus - Amstrad CPC
17 June 2014, 1:22 am

No doubt one of the best martial arts fighting games on the amstrad. Being able to play 2 players at the same time really adds to the fun as well. Best is probably the really responsive and...[/t]
Time: 22:51More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by CholoCPC

This vid has been pulled from Cholo's YouTube channel
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

TCMSLP

I played this over the weekend - but was surprised to see no titles/credits listed.  It seemed unusual in the fact it loads (in my case from tape), starts a game play demo, then on fire button starts the game, I think ending in a 'enter high score' then straight back to a game play demo.   It felt a little incomplete without a title/credit screen ... or is it just me?

jbaudrand

I rememeber playing it with a friend on amiga I've reached the rank megahero, maybe the rank is not available on amstrad?

Cholo

Indeed, it does feel a bit "flat" when there is no loading screens. I recall that the Amiga had like a big "IK+" sign with some bits of animation in the beginning (in the menu?) so at least it felt more "sparkly". Also IK+ isnt a arcade game either so they cant really use that excuse, in fact most arcade games made at least a "mock up" loading screen so you had something to look at when loading.

Interesting the "cracked" version had a loading screen tho:

But i dont recall my original english version having that one, so i guess someone went creative?

Megahero: Never seen that rank, any idea what lvl/round its supposed to happen? Anyways, according to the manual the hardest difficulty has been reached at lvl 25 .. donno if it also applies to the amstrad version as it only shows the number of rounds at the top.

chinnyhill10

CPC version is a bit crap compared to the C64 version and music seems to have been converted by someone who is tone deaf.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

remax

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 12:45, 09 July 14
and music seems to have been converted by someone who is tone deaf.

Exactly  :laugh:
Brain Radioactivity

Carnivius

God, I hated the bouncing ball stage.   So...frickin'...BORING!

Other than that a decent game but I just prefered Exploding Fist.  Seemed more tense or something. 
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife