News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cholo's Vids - Kung-Fu Master - Amstrad CPC (longplay)

Started by NewsBot, 06:00, 18 March 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Kung-Fu Master - Amstrad CPC (longplay)
17 March 2011, 9:18 pm

Kung-Fu Master - Amstrad CPC (longplay)

Why upload this video when there is already other people who have uploaded this version of the game? I noticed that none of the other videos feature "the headbutt" at all. Its like they dont know the game can do this? Anyways, this is what happens: you sit down and a midget approch and jumps at you. To do "the headbutt" just quicky stand up and the midget will bounce off. Everyone else seem to stand up and punch/kick (like they dont know of this "hidden?" move). Anyways, i remember this to be quite a enjoyable game, even tho not impressive in any way. The first boss is actually fairly hard as he tends to move backwards (and out of your reach) when punching .. still just mash the firebutton to win. 2nd boss can be quite annoing as he can shoot that boomerang both high and low .. but as that is his only "punch" just dudge it. Boss 3 is the easiest one but you need to hurry tho (good that everything slows down when he appears). 4 boss it kinda tricky as he can only be hit with low punches. 5th boss is like hitting a wall really, but as you can see in the video you can keep him pacified if you can keep up a smooth pace hits. Unlike the other bosses you may want to let the boss walk into you instead. Usually dont take that long to kill him but i guess i was unlucky. I hope i impress you with my firebutton stamina ;D Anyways the game is fairly glitchy and at times horribly unfair. Like on lvl 2 you can easily get cought between those yellow bombs. Quite big bug that happens ...
Time: 11:43More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by CholoCPC

This vid has been pulled from Cholo's YouTube channel
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Gryzor

I never knew about the headbutt... Maybe it makes it easier? :)

Optimus

I sincerelly didn't know about the headbutt. It's strange because I have been playing this game so long again and again.
I have seen you mentioned it in my kung fu master video and I didn't know what it is or didn't thought much about it then.
Now I know. I am going to try it. Sometimes I do jump in the air though without punching or kicking and it works. That would constitute as an air headbutt? :)

Optimus

Speaking about the bugs.
Level 2: Yellow spheres that throw shuriken. When it appears on your right, scroll left till it's out of the screen, then right and it's gone even if it was preparing to shoot the stars.
Another bug with these spheres which is too bad for you. You can't pass them. You have to let them explode in your right side. If you pass them before they explode, you are dead even if the stars missed you.

Level 4: The ape. You know that you have to hit him with duck+punch. If you hit him with any other move you get paralized. That's normal so far, I guess it's a part of the gameplay. But on CPC, sometimes when I am paralized and I think when I am hit with the star/bird he throws after being paralized, garbage graphics appear randomly on the screen and sometimes the game can freeze. Strange..

Cholo

Well it does help a little that knowing about "the headbutt" as if you are getting surrounded you dont have to turn around. Still perhaps its even more confusing to remember all that.

The midgets do jump in the arcade game too, but i havent found a video showing if it works just to stand up. Also i believe that the midgets in the arcade (and NES version) bounce further if they manage to hit you when you sit down (unlike the amstrad where they just jump right thru you.

Those odd shuriken yellow balls can really ruin your game as so much depends that you dont get cornered by one. Also odd that you cant jump into them like the other balls or that you cant jump up and destroy them either (like intended in the arcade).

sigh