News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ChinnyVision - Turbo Esprit

Started by chinnyhill10, 23:08, 08 September 17

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Why nobody further developed the idea of this open world game on the 8 or even 16 bits is beyond me. A great game thats significance has only come to the fore post GTA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3fe4PMhuFo
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Zoe Robinson

I never played this one back in the day but it looks great. I'm going to add it to my "to play" list.  :)

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 23:22, 08 September 17
I never played this one back in the day but it looks great. I'm going to add it to my "to play" list.  :)

It's GTA. On a CPC! And you also drive on the correct side of the road which is always a bonus!
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Shaun M. Neary

Another one I've never had a chance to play yet either.

Will give this video a proper play tomorrow before I head out. =)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

roudoudou

This game is great, but you are playing the good guy, it's not GTA ;)

Read the notice, the missions are very simple, the difficulty increase in the game because of the world itself (roads become more and more narrow)
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Nich

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 23:08, 08 September 17
Why nobody further developed the idea of this open world game on the 8 or even 16 bits is beyond me. A great game thats significance has only come to the fore post GTA:

Nice review as always, although I had to cringe when I heard the word 'iconic' being used. It is such an overused word that it's lost its meaning.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Nich on 15:44, 20 September 17
Nice review as always, although I had to cringe when I heard the word 'iconic' being used. It is such an overused word that it's lost its meaning.

It's not a phrase I throw around lightly but I do believe this is one game whose impact can still be felt today and it is elevated above most of its contemporaries.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

tjohnson

I remember playing and enjoying this game a lot back in the day and reasonably good memories of it.  Keep meaning to revisit it.

00WReX

Quote from: tjohnson on 20:12, 21 September 17
I remember playing and enjoying this game a lot back in the day and reasonably good memories of it.  Keep meaning to revisit it.

Yep, same for me.
I have fond memories of this game, it really appealed to me.
I need to get back onto it.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki