News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Cholo's Vids - Super Sprint - Amstrad CPC

Started by NewsBot, 00:01, 29 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

Super Sprint - Amstrad CPC
28 August 2011, 9:55 pm

One of the better racing games on the amstrad. This video is just to show the game maps basicly as there is no ending and it just keep recycling the maps. Alas it didnt get good reviews at all. Actually it even got a -10% (-2/20) from a french mag :D But it is also a game that hides very well how good it is untill you have played it enough. Importent to add that this is an arcade conversion as well, so the game is limited to what it may do. Quite a few thing you might think is "bugs" is also in the arcade game .. like you can get stuck beween a wall/door and the tornado being continously whilled around. The chopper is there if your cars should explode (at speed 3-4 you explode hitting walls), but kinda pointless as the amstrad game dont have continues. Music: The arcade does have quite a lot music as there is a different "win" jingle for every track. Quite basic ones tho, so that the amstrad dont have any music at all isnt that big a deal. Sfx: Now this is where the game could really have been improved. Sadly the only noise in the amstrad version is that sad engine humm. What made the arcade game so awesome was the lovely and quite meaty pickup noises when you picked up a spanner/bonus. Most importent is that deep bass "bump" noise when you hit a wall .. as the game wasnt build for accuracy when you sat there grasping the stearing wheel and the whole thing would shake when you went bump-bump-McBumpety. Having either tried emulating those noises or just sampled one of them ...
Time: 11:42More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by CholoCPC

This vid has been pulled from Cholo's YouTube channel
This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

I don't think I can make it through so much "fart" sound fx...

Cholo

Quote from: Briggsy on 15:42, 29 August 11
I don't think I can make it through so much "fart" sound fx...
Yes it does sound a bit like that :D They might as well had had no engine sound at all .. and even better would have been if they had used one of the original arcade "pickup" sounds (like a sampled one) as those are quite "juicy" and rewarding.

Gryzor

Heh, I was about to comment: "11 mins of farting" :D I wonder what kind of internal combustion engine those carts use!