News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Forgotten Worlds - GameHammer

Started by Zoe Robinson, 23:38, 10 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe Robinson

Who remembers this classic from back in the day? I used to love this game, even if it was excessively hard and made me want to chew on the joystick in rage more than once.

It scrolls really nicely on the CPC and it's pretty speedy, too. Could have done with more than one life, though.  >:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr9nxK9E9R4

Shaun M. Neary

Yep, remember this as I was a big fan of it in the arcades.

Capcom were the masters of one life games though. 1943, Forgotten Worlds, and I'm sure there are others.
Must give this another run through over the weekend.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Zoe Robinson

1943 is a bugger, as I recall. I was terrible at it and one life never helped!

Happy gaming! :D

sigh

The best game that US Gold did for the CPC in my opinion.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 14:48, 26 November 17
1943 is a bugger, as I recall. I was terrible at it and one life never helped!

Happy gaming! :D

1943 in the arcade was a lot of fun. On the CPC it was boring and repetitive due to it being the same three levels on loop.
C64 version was also fun, but a little easy.

Quote from: sigh on 11:36, 27 November 17
The best game that US Gold did for the CPC in my opinion.

It's up there. But Solomon's key and Shadow Dancer are also great games.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

reidrac

This one scrolls pretty good, I haven't found information on how it is done.

Does anyone know?

I think I played his one on the Megadrive. It really shines in two players coop mode.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.