News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GameHammer - Dizzy: Prince Of The Yolk Folk

Started by Zoe Robinson, 08:34, 21 October 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe Robinson

Back in the days of the good old CPC's reign, this was one of the few Dizzy games I was actually able to complete. It's held up rather well to the test of time.

Carnivius

One of my faves and I love the tune too cos it manages to be both spooky and jaunty at the same time and I often find myself whistling it even when not playing.

Which reminds me, I think the tape inlay will be one of the ones I will take to the "Let's Go Dizzy" event in Cambridge on Saturday to get signed by the Oliver Twins.  :D
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Zoe Robinson

Quote from: Carnivac on 08:55, 21 October 15
One of my faves and I love the tune too cos it manages to be both spooky and jaunty at the same time and I often find myself whistling it even when not playing.

It's not my favourite Dizzy tune ever (that's the in-game tune for Magicland Dizzy) but it's a really nice one.

[/size]
Quote from: Carnivac on 08:55, 21 October 15
Which reminds me, I think the tape inlay will be one of the ones I will take to the "Let's Go Dizzy" event in Cambridge on Saturday to get signed by the Oliver Twins.  :D

Oh, that's a great idea. Wish I could make it to something like that. Work always gets in the way.  :'(

Shaun M. Neary

This one was rather simple in comparison to the rest of the games, but it needs to be taken into consideration that it only really surfaced to complete one of the Dizzy compilations, and I don't believe it was intended for a separate release, although it did get one in the end.

Spellbound Dizzy on the other hand...  >:( >:( >:(
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Zoe Robinson

Yeah, it's clearly a rush job to fill space; which explains the sheer number of red herring items and areas that look like they were intended to scroll upwards but never did. Nevertheless, it's a really fun little game with a lot of charm of its own.

Spellbound Dizzy, on the other hand, was annoying as all hell. Who in their right mind things adding falling damage to an exploration game is a good idea? Someone who needs a visit with the Evil Wizard Zaks, that's who!

EgoTrip

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 14:03, 31 October 15
Yeah, it's clearly a rush job to fill space; which explains the sheer number of red herring items and areas that look like they were intended to scroll upwards but never did. Nevertheless, it's a really fun little game with a lot of charm of its own.

Spellbound Dizzy, on the other hand, was annoying as all hell. Who in their right mind things adding falling damage to an exploration game is a good idea? Someone who needs a visit with the Evil Wizard Zaks, that's who!

Yeah Spellbound Dizzy was a little on the large side, with no save or password option. But the falling damage really didn't bother me at all, I thought it made sense.

Zoe Robinson

Sense? SENSE?!! This is Dizzy we're talking about. His friend got turned into a bush! He walks around on clouds!! Sense can wait at the door!

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: EgoTrip on 17:55, 31 October 15
Yeah Spellbound Dizzy was a little on the large side, with no save or password option. But the falling damage really didn't bother me at all, I thought it made sense.

Oh trust me, even with a multiface, this didn't help. It is the only one out of all Dizzy's adventures that I didn't get a chance to finish.

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 00:12, 01 November 15
Sense? SENSE?!! This is Dizzy we're talking about. His friend got turned into a bush! He walks around on clouds!! Sense can wait at the door!

Wrong Dizzy, although not that being stuck in a hole, or being stuck in a dark spooky cave (why the fuck didn't she run the other way once the lights went dim?) was much better!  :laugh: :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?