News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GameHammer - On The Run

Started by Zoe Robinson, 11:33, 11 March 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe Robinson

This one was on the cover tape for AA 85 and that's where I first came across it. It's one of those "let's make this game huge" games, but with enough going on in it that it's not dull.

I came across it again recently when testing out some old disks and it turned out to be pretty fun; or at least a way to kill a few hours here and there.

I'm also going to start accompanying these video reviews with a text review as well, giving a bit more background information and going into more depth where I can. On The Run is the first one to get this treatment: On The Run, a GameHammer review | Zoe Kirk-Robinson

Gryzor

Never played the game and it doesn't look like my cup of tea (heh), but thanks for the vid, enjoyed it :)

Zoe Robinson

You're welcome.

To be honest, it's not really my cup of tea either. I tried similar games back in the day, Nonterraqueous comes straight to mind in that respect, and never really understood what the hell the point was. Still, it was a decent way to pass a few hours so I thought I'd do a video on it. I doubt anyone will be rushing to do a cartridge port for it, though. :)

Token

Cool video. Never tried the CPC version, it doesn't look very catchy but I'll try it. Sure I like to play it on the PCW. Graphics are amazing even if it's only in 2 colors.

Phantomz

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 00:29, 17 March 16
I doubt anyone will be rushing to do a cartridge port for it, though. :)

I converted it to cart a few days ago, I had a quick look at the game after seeing your video and thought I'd convert it.  ;)

Zoe Robinson

Quote from: Phantomz on 01:24, 17 March 16
I converted it to cart a few days ago, I had a quick look at the game after seeing your video and thought I'd convert it.  ;)

Wow, you're quick! :D