News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

If you want to impress your mum: Show her SymbOS!

Started by Prodatron, 00:49, 25 February 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Prodatron

Really funny video I found yesterday on YouTube about SymbOS on the Amstrad CPC:

Mum Tries Out SymbOS 2.0 (2007)

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Optimus

Haha, what a surprise!

I knew this channel, found it when searching for TempleOS, so funny
Mum Tries Out TempleOS 1.06 (2013)

Bryce

So has she done FutureOS yet? :)

Bryce.

Optimus

EgoTrip

OSFirstTimer does videos of various operating systems, so I sent them a PM suggesting SymbOS for the CPC. Here's the video:

Mum Tries Out SymbOS 2.0 (2007) - YouTube

EgoTrip

Quote from: Optimus on 10:56, 25 February 14

That would be so funny to watch!

I mentioned FutureOS in the email I sent recommending SymbOS, so you never know, they may do it in the future (no pun intended)

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 09:41, 25 February 14
So has she done FutureOS yet? :)

Bryce.

Sure, it won the price for the worst interface. Check out Moms channel on u t
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Executioner

They really don't have a clue do they? Crapping on about how bad the keyboard was, how the display couldn't fill the screen etc. Never heard of an Amstrad in Australia, but they had a TRS-80 (who ever had one of those in Oz?) maybe it was big in the US! lmao.

Puresox

That was cool, They mention that there are still businesses that use this machine, is this true? I can imagine nostalgia freaks still using , but business's still having it running?

Bryce

The guy is half the age of a CPC, you can't expect him to know very much about anything that doesn't have a touch screen.

Bryce.

EgoTrip

I've heard of businesses still using old 8-bits like BBC's due to their stability.