Let's Compare: Cybernoid - ZX Spectrum vs. CPC vs. C64 vs. Atari ST vs Amiga!

Started by Gryzor, 16:41, 17 May 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

fano

"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

SyX

Yes, a lot of 8 bits games didn't make a good transition to the 16 bits (Hewson is one of the worst examples, with Exolon, Stormlord, Netherworld, Zynaps,... buffff xDDD), but there is a few alternatives to Cybernoid in Amiga, for example, Alien World, Aquanaut or Future Shock.

Gryzor

"I like the Spectrum graphics more"? No wonder he sucks so much in it :D

Another great favorite of mine, and I was really good at it too - which means I must have put an insane amount of hours into it.

The c64 music is great-sounding - a classic. A nice touch is the shooting animation. Is it easier on the c64? He managed to get quite farther into it.

The 16 bit versions don't look that bad, IMO. Surprisingly the ST looks somehow better, but I miss the music in both the ST and Amiga version...

AMSDOS

I only watched the 8bit versions, though from what I saw it looks like the C64 version has an edge over the Spectrum & Amstrad version (even though I didn't like the music). I guess having the advantage of hardware graphics makes a difference huh, though the Amstrad version suffers badly from the Difficulty. Was Ralfe trying to hook us in with his games and then have us Destroy our CPC in a fit of frustration??  ???
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Yes it was infuriatingly difficult at times (those double elevators...), but somehow, if you concentrated and focused and really tried, you moved on. At least that was the case with me - and I wasn't particularly good at difficult games.

Devilmarkus

Very funny is that he abandoned the game in the C64 version because he had no bombs left...

Why didn't he use bouncers?

Are there really people out there, who don't know how to select the 2nd weapon?

"Can I collect them - Yes - Whatever they are" :D

They are shields!!! (Really I'm laughing)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

MacDeath

TFM

Nice example for ... great games played by Jerks  :laugh: j

And the 16 bit versions would be great on 4 bit CPUs. Oh well...
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Puresox

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 21:57, 20 May 13
Very funny is that he abandoned the game in the C64 version because he had no bombs left...

Why didn't he use bouncers?

Are there really people out there, who don't know how to select the 2nd weapon?

"Can I collect them - Yes - Whatever they are" :D

They are shields!!! (Really I'm laughing)

He didn't know that there was a weapon select option, :D [size=78%] [/size][/size][size=78%]I have seen lots of vids of cybernoid where people don't realise their are[/size][/size][size=78%] [/size][/size][size=78%]different weapons! Which is a major factor that makes the game so great! He finds out by the time he did Cybernoid 2.But still didn't enjoy the game.[/size][size=78%]
[/size][size=78%]I thought the games 1+2 were both fantastic and personally I didn't find it frustratingly difficult(And I am in no way an expert gamer, probably just above average). I found it a clever little shooter where you had to think on how you tackled each room! I loved the variety of weaponry.[/size]
[/size][size=78%] The only thing I found a little on the tough side of fairness, was the pixel perfect elevator sections, which I think they gave you more grace  on the C64 version.[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]P.S. What the fuck is wrong with this Message , I can't edit all the errors , the computer has put all change of sizes in , and no matter how much I try to edit them out, it still is all fucked up!!![/size] >:( **&&!"[/size][size=78%]

Puresox

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Puresox

Gryzor

TFM

Quote from: Puresox on 22:03, 31 May 13
I am ? Why ?? You know too much are you hacking me!! :D
Of course I'm a program running on a CPC, I like to be well informed. 8)
Further your post did contain text like: [size=78%]  That happens to me when using Chrome ;) [/size]
TFM of FutureSoft