Xyphoe's Vids - [AMSTRAD CPC] Infiltrator - Longplay (Full Game / No Commentary)

Started by NewsBot, 10:00, 26 January 11

Previous topic - Next topic

NewsBot

[AMSTRAD CPC] Infiltrator - Longplay (Full Game / No Commentary)
26 January 2011, 7:12 am

[AMSTRAD CPC] Infiltrator - Longplay (Full Game / No Commentary)

Infiltrator... THE GAME THAT ROCKED AMERICA (hah!) for the Amstrad CPC. Complete longplay and full movie - no commentary and review on this one. I've also uploaded separately the missions with commentary and review if it's more convenient for you, but I've left out commentary for this. And woop - my first 1hour30min video! cpc-power.com en.wikipedia.org CODES INFILTRATOR : DWEEZIL HAYMISH SETH WHIPPLE GEOFF NAPLES GOMER GIZMO CODES OVERLORD : ZIPPY RATTIE BUZZ SCUM KOMIE BOOMER WEASLE RHAMBOW Mission 1 and 2 map - cpc-power.com Mission 3 map taken from this NES version walkthrough (final mission is identical to ours) - www.gamefaqs.com
Time: 01:35:37More in Gaming

Source: Uploads by Xyphoe

This content has been fetched from a third-party page feed.

Metr

Do you have any problem recording long videos? I just tried to record a 1h video and I'm having problems.
I recorded it like 3-4 times, first time I got like 20 minutes showing zillions of screens of the full game and after that the video continued as it should. Second time I got the same problem until the minute 40 and then continued with the game.
I don't know if it's a problem of temporal memory or if the size it's too heavy (I get a 4Gb video for the complete hour of gameplay).

Did you have any similar issue while recording this kind of videos ?
(I used CPCe 1.90 and 1.94, codec Video 1, Embedding sound in AVI, as usual can't record RLE with CPCe)

Regards !

Xyphoe

Sorry for delay in reply.

Sometimes yes, other times no - I can't work it out. It's russian roulette whether it works or not - I try not to have anything running in the background in Windows when recording that may cause a 'jump' in the video stream.

I just did a complete longplay of Double Dragon in one go and found the vid file was f***ed! GRRRR
I'm on a different PC and don't have access to the corrupt video, but I often have to chuck it into VirtualDub and see if I can fix it there and re-encode. Often the audio ends up horrendously messed up even if I do fix the video file.

I hope Executioner can fix one day for WinApe.

Xyphoe

I've just done the Double Dragon longplay again, it was 30minutes in length and created a 2.15GB file - and this was using a codec to compress!

And yep, the file is borked.

But I used VirtualDub to fix.

Here's what you do -

When you go to "Open Video File" make sure "Ask for extended options after this dialog" is selected before choosing the file to open, then on the next pop-up make sure just "Re-derive keyframe flags" is selected ... and on import it will rebuild the video file properly. It appears the AVI looses it's indexing - ie the data is all there but the program being used to open the file does not know where the data starts or ends in simple terms. Bit like when your hard disk goes tits up ... your files are stored in various sectors all over the disk, but it needs a table and indexing to reference where each file is - when that table goes bye-bye you need special tools to extract the data.

Lastly, check the Video / Video Colour Depth settings, as when you export the video it often uses a strange pallete and wrong colours - select 32bit RGB or something high. Will result in a MASSIVE video file - it turned the 2.15GB file into a 35.5GB MONSTER!!!! But it's enough to import into Windows Movie Maker and then just save using that.

Metr

I'll have to try VirtualDub then. In large videos I'm having 2 different problems, one is the one I already told you about lots of different screens of the video during X minutes of the video and then continues as it should. The other one I'm having sometimes is that players doesn't recognize the video format.
I'll check both of them to see if I can fix it with it.

I'm scared of the 35'5 GB Monster ! :D

Thanks a lot mate !

Cheers ! ;)