News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New Video Series - CPC464 Green Screen

Started by EgoTrip, 22:43, 05 December 15

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

Now that WinAPE AVI works properly, I'm going to upload sporadically some gameplay videos. Only these will be recorded the way I remember them, in green.

There are currently four videos online.

CPC464 Green Screen - Welcome Tape - YouTube

Zoe Robinson

Oh my goodness, the old Green Screen days. My first CPC had a green screen and I loved it, even though it sometimes made things difficult to follow (a lot of games just didn't work all that well in green, IMO).

Watching that welcome tape in green screen mode again has brought back so many memories! :D

Shaun M. Neary

I was such a spoilt brat as a kid. I'd gotten a 464 with colour monitor.

So after about a year, I ended up in other peoples houses with a green screen monitor, and wondered "Oh man, how can games be played this way at all?"
Likewise, they'd come over and act like colour on the Amstrad was a miracle.

I also remember being very angry with my local Virgin megastore, because on the screens above the games counter, there was C64, Spectrum, Atari ST, Amiga, and one other screen which escapes me.
Then stashed away in the bottom corner of the counter was a 464 with green screen.

Had it's advantages, would ask the dude to load in a game, wait for him to go on break and when the next dude came in, the tape slowly got ejected and stashed up my sleeve.  :laugh:
Did this once a week for about six months, nobody either suspected, or cared.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

seanb

Now that power has returned where I live,  let's hope it stays this time,  up be sure to check out your vids later.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Puresox

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 07:10, 08 December 15
I was such a spoilt brat as a kid. I'd gotten a 464 with colour monitor.

So after about a year, I ended up in other peoples houses with a green screen monitor, and wondered "Oh man, how can games be played this way at all?"
Likewise, they'd come over and act like colour on the Amstrad was a miracle.

I also remember being very angry with my local Virgin megastore, because on the screens above the games counter, there was C64, Spectrum, Atari ST, Amiga, and one other screen which escapes me.
Then stashed away in the bottom corner of the counter was a 464 with green screen.

Had it's advantages, would ask the dude to load in a game, wait for him to go on break and when the next dude came in, the tape slowly got ejected and stashed up my sleeve.  :laugh:
Did this once a week for about six months, nobody either suspected, or cared.
You little Tyke! Lol nice bonus though!

Gryzor

I remember getting a SCART to connect my up-to-then 464 to our Luxor TV. I was just blown away...

MacDeath

I was too a spoiled brat, I had a CPC6128 with colour monitor...
(had a 464 with colour before it of course but really my father was fed up with tapes to do visicalc...)

VincentGR

I started with green too.
Remember playing airwolf 2, aahhh that music.
After a year I bought a colour monitor, socked!

MacDeath

QuoteI started with green too.
Remember playing airwolf 2...
After a year I bought a colour monitor,
and guess what ? the game was still monocolour...

VincentGR

Quote from: MacDeath on 21:12, 13 December 15
and guess what ? the game was still monocolour...

Yes, I was refering to the first game I bought  ;D
The first I saw was Ghost'n'goblins. aaah that music (again)

trabitboy

I also had a green screen monitor for most of my cpc years, and a mp2 towards the end ( which I could only use exceptionally when a tv set was "available" during the holidays ) .

So actually I got to know most games ( including BAT ) on green screen, and we had to move the computer to OCP with my sister .

Just knowing the "green" games, I thought the palette of the cpc was much more "progressive" :)

dodogildo

I think the green screen was delivering a more bearable experience for those silly spectrum conversions with so few colors.
And that was the only good thing about it.

I remember having finally been able to get myself a modulator: my mind got literally blown! That was awesome!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

M'enfin!