CAMELOT WARRIORS (Dinamic - Amstrad - 1986) RETRO DANUART

Started by Retrodanuart, 23:44, 28 April 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Retrodanuart

Four elements of the 20th century have entered the world of Camelot. The voice of another world, the mirror of wisdom, the elixir of life, and the fire that does not burn. Clench the sword with your fists and never, never look back.

||C|-|E||

This one is crazily difficult, my respects for the long play. I played it a lot when I was a kid and the maximun I reached was level two. There was something very problematic: if you leave a screen jumping you will reach the next one jumping too and, if there is an enemy or a trap, you will lose all your lifes. So, it is not only necessary to know how to exit a screen but how are the enemies and obstacles positioned in the next one. Luckily, Dinamic stopped doing that after a while  :)

EgoTrip

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 10:01, 29 April 17
There was something very problematic: if you leave a screen jumping you will reach the next one jumping too and, if there is an enemy or a trap, you will lose all your lifes. So, it is not only necessary to know how to exit a screen but how are the enemies and obstacles positioned in the next one.

The game itself is difficult yes, bit too much for me but it looks nice. Reminds me of Technician Ted (another extremely frustrating and confusing game) with the instant deaths in the next screen.

This was the game that got extra points for referencing in the 2016 CPCtelera contest. Ice Slider had graphics borrowed from the ZX Spectrum version on the title screen.

Retrodanuart

Well you know, those games were short so they had to put a lot of hardships to make them last..

The game is pure memorization and yes, a bad jump can lead you to a sure death, the same happened in Abu Simbel :(

||C|-|E||

And Phantomas II... Dinamic was punishing as hell during their early days  :-X

Sykobee (Briggsy)

What an odd little game. I wouldn't vouch for the future operation of the submerged TV.

Retrodanuart

It was an smart tv and can swim and skin into water, like he modern ones...Dinamic predicted the future :P