News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Sorcery and Sorcery+ - GameHammer

Started by Zoe Robinson, 01:49, 18 August 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe Robinson

This was a childhood favourite of mine, so I thought it was only right to give it a thorough going-over on GameHammer.

As you might expect, the CPC version comes out on top. ;)

Puresox

Wow , I had never seen the Spectrums version of Sorcery . And tbh I am not surprised this version has been kept hidden away . Wow they really took the  Micky with this version . It is quite pathetic It is as if they produced the Game in an Effort to make the Amstrad look a Top Games machine in comparison to the Speccy  . I would love to know if this game was done with this intention (Alan sugar , paying 'The Gang of Five' a tidy sum for shenanigans  ;D .
Could be wrong , could be over thinking it a bit

Gryzor

Heheh indeed, I was playing the video here at work and had to switch tabs - when I came back to it for a moment I wondered what game Zoe was covering :D

Great vid, @Zoe Robinson !

Zoe Robinson

Thanks guys, really glad you liked it. :)

CraigsBar

Wasn't there a later Amiga version of sorcery+ how did that compare to the cpc6128 version?
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Gryzor

Doesn't lookg too good for an Amiga:

(filtering sucks, but it was the only vid I found).

Zoe Robinson

The title image is nice - it looks a lot like the Sorcery+ disk cover - but where's the music? My goodness, this is an obviously cheap port. :(

rk last

This was one of my all time faves on the CPC 464.  I never managed to complete it but was definitely a game you came back to again and again.  My only gripe with the game was how game over ruined your hard work after accidently getting too close to the water.

I later got hold of a copy of the Apprentice by Mastertronic.  :)

Um, yes...Sorcery on a budget...On some screens you could actually move the Apprentice up into the Mode 1 section of the screen.  Now that was real magic :)
maRK

Gryzor

I only played Sorcery/+ a looong time afterwards, but I did have Apprentice, and loved it... was I nuts?

ivarf

Sorcery was first released on the Spectrum and C64. Later for the Amstrad CPC and a lot later for the Amiga. An early game that showed a lot of promise of what games on the Amstrad was going to be like. Sadly very few games got this kind resources put into it, just think if this could have been the typical CPC conversion!

Puresox

its very different game on c64 and speccy. very short