News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Spindrone - GameHammer One Shot

Started by Zoe Robinson, 00:14, 14 June 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe Robinson

Hey guys! I finally found a game that I loved as a kid, so I made a quick review of it. :)

Hope you like it!

sigh

That's a nice style of video, though I do prefer your previous style with your Doom review being the perfect example. It's obviously tons of work, but that particular Doom review was very well done as the background effects and skits, not only complemented the game, but you actually managed to keep "ON TOPIC" which was to reviewthe game without going off tangent and letting the skits get in the way.

For instance - the first 20 second of that Doom review, you talked about how creepy the environment was, while showing the background and also talked about the head shots and the premise of the game (trying to escape). Everything you talked about refers to the game without adding any unnecessary fluff. You pulled this off really well and I would like to see more of this.

Anyway - I've never heard of Spindrone; the game looks really difficult in that you cant seem to shoot the enemy when they nick your barrel.

mr_lou

I remember stumbling over this game during one of my "check a ton of CPC games out that I never tried before" quests.
I was very impressed by the smoothness of the game. Always like smooth movement in games.
But I gave up very fast because it simply seemed too impossible. As you say; 3 screens! Prevent aliens from taking the barrels? Impossible.
So I gave up fast. Thought it was a real shame, because it looks awesome and love the smooth movement.

Zoe Robinson

Yeah, you're absolutely right - the game is impossible to win because it's on three screens and the aliens keep coming even when you're not on the screens they are on. It's designed for you to fail, basically.

Still, it's a bit of fun for five minutes here and there. :)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

That certainly seems to be a 'how long can you survive' type game!

Roland the weaponised beer barrel?

Zoe Robinson

Given some of the ridiculous things old Roland has been over the years, a weaponised beer barrel isn't out of the question! :)